Here he is freezing in the 65 degree water and 6:50 in the morning-warming up to start (he's the one with the goggles looking this way)
-Not sure which one he is-They all blur together in the water. Just a bunch of speedo heads
He transitioned fast to the biking part of the race. We didn't see him take off, cause he left too fast. The biking portion was 3 miles up a steep incline over 1,000 feet in elevation, and back down to the lake. It doesn't sound too rough, but once you see the mountain road he had to ride, you'd die. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. It was insane. He was now in his element doing the biking part. I can honestly say I was so surprised by how fast he came down the hill finishing the biking part. When he finished the swim he was at the end of the mid section of swimmers. When coming down the hill he was within the first ten guys. Wahoo babe!
I got a picture once he was down and starting to unclip his shoes to transition to the running
He then continued on to the 2 1/2 mile run. We waited by the finish line to cheer him on. As far as results go, he got 4th place in his age group! Isn't that awesome? He was so fast at the biking that it made up for his slower swim time. Overall he got 46th place out of the 366 people competing. Pretty impressive if you ask me. It was hard to juggle 2 cameras, a stroller with a cranky toddler, and 2 tired kids-but it was so worth it. It was so great to see him so excited to accomplish his goals. Now he's already planning on bigger and harder races. I think this is a start of a wonderful thing.
Here is a random movie of clips throughout the thing. I didn't get him in all of it, but tried to show how he moved from one thing to another. If you care to watch-it's fun to see. At the end we're just hanging out watching the international athletes race.
Hanging out by the finish line to watch all the people behind him come in :)
6 comments:
That is so awesome! Great job adam, definitely give ya props for that! Looked like you were definitely worn out running into the finish line though, way to stick it through!!
You are the man Adam! For reals, you rock! I only wish I could do something like that. And to come in 46th...sweet! I would be the one crawling to the finish line in last place. That water looked freezing! You need a wetsuit boy! The shirts were cute too Mand! Congrats! You're my hero!
You are going to get recruited by Aunt Lisa if you aren't careful. She'll have you going full out! Way to Go!!
Woohoo ADAM!!! I've seen parts of a triathelon when my brother in law did one. They are not easy. Props to you! You should come and do the Viking man in Burley, its the one Uncle Alan's school sponsors and Aunt Lisa is in charge of. Then Steve and I can come watch.
Congrats Adam!! Seriously you rock!! We can't wait to see you guys in a couple of days!
Thats dope bro.
ERIC
Post a Comment