Friday, January 10, 2014

Happy New Year!

Our New Years was pretty low key. We talked of going up north, but we had other expenses this month. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise, cause the kiddos we all sick, and now Milo and I are sick. Leaving Milo with an ear infection this week. It's been a very dull/annoying way to start out the new year. Usually I'm all about the new start feeling of things. I usually have my goals ready and I start out with a bang. This year….I'm pretty banged up actually. Ha! Sickness will do that to you. Today is the first day I sat down and even thought about planning out my goals, blogging, and other things. So I guess my official "start" to things will have to be Monday. We'll see. Anyway, our celebrations were still fun despite sickness. The kids stayed up till about 9:30. I'm ok letting them stay up if people are here, but just us we didn't worry about it. They were sick. Adam and I watched a movie after they went to bed so I guess that means we did mumble "Happy New Year" to each other as we climbed into bed. It was one of those years. 
While we were awake we had some fun. We got some new games for Christmas that the kids loved. This one by Disney called, "Eye See It" was a hit. That and "Don't Break the Ice", that Grandpa and Grandma gave us. We got this other Mickey game that was like shoots and ladders that they liked, but not as much as the others. 
We still wore our gear and celebrated. 
We didn't go all out on munchies, but we had some guac and some fruit with dip. Yummy. 
Milo was cracking us up. He kept taking his two apples and putting them together making kissy noises pretending they were kissing. Don't ask me where he got it from and what inspired him to do it, but we loved it. 
We meant to get some pops, but couldn't find any. So we just did the confetti kind, with a silly strand war to follow in the backyard. 

Well I hope that everyone else's new year has started off a little better than ours has, and that the festivities were great for everyone. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Our New Year Celebration was better than usual, we went to dinner with friends and then over to their house to visit and set up their new Apple TV. We went home at 11 but were awake listening to the neighbor's fireworks. Pretty low-key but enjoyable. Your's sounded fun - sorry your crew has been sick.

Travis Laurel said...

Sounds like fun! Seems like New Years is always a bit low key when you have kids.