Monday, February 24, 2014

V-Day!

Valentine's week was crazy for us. I was helping with our annual young women's v-day fundraiser. So I was at the church many hours late and doing chocolate dipping at home most of the day on other days. Very time consuming. Then Thursday we had a ward couple's v-day dinner. We aren't that into Valentine's day, but we wanted to be supportive so we went. The dinner was yummy. The table conversation sometimes slow moving but ok. (kinda like how some ward parties go) The entertainment was crazy and made us realize we had just spent our night at a ward party full of old people. :) I know that sounds mean but super true. Oh well we went and made an appearance. The young women were watching kids at the church for it. We had Kay watch the kids instead. Milo would have been over it after twenty minutes. The kids had a blast with Kay. 

Friday morning on V-day we had the envelopes stuffed with goodies. In the past I have gotten the kids books for V-day. So sticking with tradition we did that again. The boys got some cars and Gabe got a stuffed bear she was dying to have. Add some candy and some random dollar store goodies and Ta-Da! Happy Kiddos. Adam and I put candy in each others and called it good. 
Milo got some crayons in his and enjoyed coloring multiple pics. He's very into that right now. 
We are trying to teach Ollie about being a gentleman. So he got Gabe some flowers for V-day. She was so beyond thrilled it was adorable. She told him, "Oh Ollie, thank you so much! I love you!" Then she squeezed the life out of him. I wish I had thought to film it. We'd like to make it a tradition for the brothers to spoil her on this day. It's good for them all. Ollie was as excited as she was. I had to insist Adam not get me any. He tried. I'd rather them other days. I know I'm silly. 
Well our chair envelopes and love notes were a success. Two years down, many more to go. My awesome hubby got the idea to hang them up so we could view them all month long. So fun! We felt bad just throwing them away or piling them in a corner. This was a wonderful solution. Thanks babe! 
Nana came on Valentine's Day in the afternoon to hang out for the weekend. My kids were not ready to see her go the had so much fun. She was wonderful and watched the kids for us Saturday night so we could go to dinner and a movie. We usually don't go out that long, but it was nice to have the option. (We usually just do dinner or a movie)

Sunday I stayed home with a sick Milo and Nana and Daddy took the other two to church. Gabe had a primary talk she was excited to give. She read most of it by herself to she was a little nervous. She was most nervous to bare her testimony by herself, but she did great Adam said. 

Thanks Nana for the nice weekend and hope everyone had a good holiday full of love!

1 comment:

Travis Laurel said...

Sounds like the holiday was a big success. Good times! I'm sure Gabe would love a special day about love for her. Good training for the boys!