Monday, January 26, 2015

TEN YEARS!!!

Well we made it. Ten years always seemed like such a cool thing when being married a few years! I still find it so awesome, I just can't believe it's been ten years! We had all these plans. I had worked it out. Wednesday we would grab a quick bite, and spend the night together at the temple. After I had a romantic evening planned, and we'd continue our tradition of watching our wedding video. Friday I worked out a babysitter for us to go to a nice dinner out, and a movie to watch the Hobbit 3. For our trip we are going to Hobbiton where the shire scene was filmed so we wanted to see all the Hobbit shows before we left and we have watched all the Lord of the Rings. 

WELLLLL all these plans were before our son broke his leg. We were not about to leave him with babysitters. He was miserable and in pain, and didn't want to move, and the first week was hard! He couldn't do a lot for himself and asking someone to watch that it hard. I would have been worried about him the whole time and not able to enjoy myself. We just didn't want to leave him, Adam felt the same. SOOO we planned to get some take out and have a evening in. It still didn't quite turn out as expected, cause I got sick, but we made do. Adam still brought me flowers and sushi, and I made him some chocolate covered strawberries for him to eat. We have a bet going that he won't drink Maoutnin Dew until our trip, and I can't eat sweets. So I didn't have any. EVEN though I really wanted some. :) 

We figure we can't complain, we have a trip to New Zealand planned. So even though the celebrating wasn't what we thought, we still watched our show and cuddled and reminisced, and loved the time we spent together. We told each other we'd just go out later in the month but that didn't work either. We did get our take out, and separate temple trips after our babysitter cancelled, but that's fine. 


Here's to the best 10 years of my life! Happy big 1-0 bebe! Love you!
Here's some of our ten year stats (purely for our enjoyment so don't feel obligated to read)
In ten years we've:
*Live in 5 cities and 2 states
*Been in 8 different wards
*We've moved 9 times renting 1 basement apartment, 2 decent apartments, rented two houses, Rented one hole-in-the-wall "apartment" with pipe issues and cockroaches, and one stupid duplex covered in mold. We've owned 1 house together!
*We've had 10 jobs among us
*We've educated ourselves at 3 different schools so far
*We have 3 of the most beautiful children ever
*We've owned 1 dog (RIP GRETA GIRL)-who Gabe still thinks is buried in the St G cemetery, and one office fish-RIP Fishy-Ishy wherever you were flushed to.
*We've honeymooned to Costa Rica, and plan to spend our 10 year anniversary trip to New Zealand!
*We've owned 5 different cars
*We've survived moments of stress: Cars issues, health concerns, multiple parenting mistakes (locking kids in cars, or forgetting our kids at school-more than once for example), buying a house, job stress, living off credit cards cause we had no money, Late nights with sick kids, seizures/stitches/broken bones/viruses/diseases, we've survived potty training Gabe, Getting stubborn Ollie to see our side in any issue, and getting past Milo's first year of poor health. 
*We've had the best moments: On our wedding day, the birth of our wonderful kids, accomplishing goals, callings in our church, paying off that credit card debt, buying a house fits into both good and bad, the blessing of jobs we truly enjoy and that we felt inspired to take, any vacation that we ventured out of Utah wink emoticon and watching our kids milestones! 
Love this man of mine who is patient, kind, and has put up with a lot from me in ten years and I know loves me to put up with eternity.

Normally my Wife beats me to the announcements but she is a little busy today so I get the chance to wish her the Best 10 Year Anniversary!! She is the most wonderful wife and mother everyone would dream to have. She is selfless, beautiful, kind, patient, and pretty freakin HOT too. It's been the best 10 years of my life and just getting better. Thanks for everything u do for me and our family. Here's to 100 more years!! 


No comments: