Monday, January 26, 2015

Happy New Year!!!

HOORAY FOR NEW YEARS! I love the beginning of a new year so we can start new things, and breath a little after the holidays. Although I haven't felt like we could breath so much this year with having us be busy in callings, and work meetings, and a trip coming, talking in church, a broken leg. It's all kinda piled on us suddenly. Oh well, we're taking it in strides. 

Our New Years holiday was wonderful. It was very low key with just our family. Daddy world part of the day, so we made balloons full of activities that on the hour we would pop and it'd give us a new game to play or something else to do. I really enjoyed doing it, and so did the kids. It's a nice way to do things if you don't have company here. Fun times. 
playing some of the games
One activity we looked at pictures from throughout our year and reminised and talked about all the things we did and loved. It was one of my favorite parts. Then we set goals for 2015.
For dinner and dessert we did Fondue. It was our first attempt at cheese fondue and it didn't quite turn out, but we still enjoyed it and will try it again. Our dessert had the works tho and was wonderful. :)
Fun pictures was one of the things in our balloons
More fun games that we haven't done before-we always buy a few new games for new years. 
Pictures from Dessert
 
We played glow in the dark games. This is around the time we lost Milo. New Years I let my kids stay up as late as they want. Milo asked to go to bed around ten, so we obliged. The other two made it till midnight and didn't want to go to bed. Ha!

We did some fun new puzzles as it got closer. I liked doing this a lot, the kids had fun. Our ninja turtle one ended up being rather hard because of the coloring, so we all finished that one together. 
It was SOOOOO windy that night, but the kids insisted on banging pots and pans. So I ran outside with them for a few minutes and then we hustled back inside. Because of the wind we did sparklers and snaps a few days later. Having the kids and Adam home for a nice long weekend was wonderful, and I was so super sad when school and work started up again. Oh well, at least our holidays were enjoyable. 

2015 attempted

No comments: