We invited Michele down to spend Christmas with us. She had us for Christmas, so we thought it'd be fun to have her see the kids actually open her gifts. We didn't tell the kids she was coming, and our Elf left a message telling us we had a special guest coming and left them some Christmas pajamas too. (He got us all pajamas) So Gabe and I went to the store, cause she told me if someone special was coming we needed to get them a present. :) We also followed Michele's drive down on a app so that the kids could view her progress on the way here. Ollie loved that. So by the time she got here, Ollie was waiting in the drive way for her. They were all so excited!
I didn't take any pics of our dinner and I usually do! Whoops. Too busy trying to get it all out and ready. We had our normal ham, twice baked potatoes, salad, corn, and sparkling Cider. MMM MMMMM.
Daddy was in charge of the lesson and he acted out the nativity story with our little people. It helps keep their attention well. Then Aunt Michele brought down her Ukulele to play some Christmas songs on. It was fun, my kids loved that part.
After the kids get tucked in we watch the nativity movie to allow time to pass out. Then we get to work, and it was nice having an extra hand. Thanks Michele! Ollie decided that he would sleep walk during the process freaking us all out. I caught him at the top of the stairs, grateful I had decided to close the kid's doors that night so I heard him come out. He was thinking that he needed to get ready for school and was mad that I wouldn't let him. He had turned off his alarm light convinced it was green. He kept saying, "Mom! I gotta get ready for school! I need to go eat breakfast!" I finally coaxed him back into bed.
Christmas morning came at seven for Gabe and Milo, and we woke Ollie up shortly after.
The kids got an extra big family gift shown on the bottom left, that all the other gifts were piled on. Santa brought them a trampoline. They were so excited. Ollie kept whispering to Gabe, "Gabe I can't believe we finally got a tramp!" :)
I love seeing excited faces when they open their gifts! We take turns opening so it lasts for a bit. Milo eventually lost interest and recruited Michele to start opening his toys up so he could play.
Each of us all got a "big gift" this year. Adam got a new iPhone 6 plus, even though he's had it before Christmas to use, I was surprised with a new lens I've been wanting for my camera, Gabe got her big barbie doll princess set, Ollie got his own Kid's golf club set which he hugged for a few minutes, and Milo got this car set with a bunch of tracks.
Grandpa sent a bunch of pillow pets
Pure joy about getting a tramp!
Our Christmas breakfast. I would love to do the Fluke cereal tradition next year as something the Elf brings another day maybe for Christmas Eve, but Christmas with a warm breakfast is like the only Weiss tradition that we actually do. (We didn't have many other tradtiions) There is never a set thing, but it's always cooked and big and warm. Growing up my parents never made us breakfast meals, and we never had them other times, except for on Christmas. So breakfast nice and warm on Christmas is a big deal for me. Adam requested cinnamon rolls, and the rest is just whatever we feel like each year. The rest of the day we have a bunch of munchie foods.
Crafting with Michele's gift to Gabe
It kinda pretended to snow, and the kids were wishing it would, but no such luck.
We watched a Christmas show, played with toys, and then played games that night.
Michele and I got up the two days following Christmas to run. Nice to have a buddy to motivate you. I needed it with all the junk I kept stuffing in my mouth all week.
The next day everything we tried to do kept falling through. All the movies we wanted to go to were sold out, the wind was so nuts and cold to play at the park or pickle ball. So it was just kinda an easy going day with dinner out and viewing some Christmas lights in St George that night. The best one they built a plywood castle around their house. Full of lights that would change colors to different songs. They had a smoke machine and bubble machine too. Super fun.
Movie Night!
The kids have been LOVING the tramp and have spent hours daily out there playing all sorts of games. All games are more fun played on a tramp. Today it was Ninja Turtles. :)











No comments:
Post a Comment