Saturday, August 15, 2015

July Camping Part 2

After our hike we fit in Mammoth Caves. We got lost on the way there, but we finally made it. 
This was our kids favorite part from the whole trip. Big caves/tunnels to crawl and explore under ground. They are pitch black. Next year we'll bring head lamps. So our kids cane have to hands to climb. 
Glad we asked someone about them before we headed in so we knew a little of what to expect. They are pitch black with no lights. Adam and I both helped one of the boys and Gabe did a lot on her own. It was quite the adventure. 
This is the entrance 
They have these to get into them and to get out. We think so people have an idea of how small you need to be to fit in some of the small tunnels. We had so much fun there that Adam took his scouts there later in the month. 
Dirty camping faces. Ollie had a mustache going on.
Last year on the 4th I brought color spray for the kids hair. This year I promised I would cause they love it. I got their hair all crazy ready to spray, and realized I left them at home. My kids were bummed so I promised we'd spray when we got home. 
We go fishing in the morning and then head out. We didn't catch anything and because of it, my boys were bored and over it soon. Gabe was diligent though. 
I made sure I had these handy to keep Milo entertained. 
We took the long way home to get more out of the National Park pass we bought this year. We wanted to swing by Bryce and enjoy our country's beauty a little more. Honestly some of the edges freaked me out having my kids there, but the beauty of the place was worth it. Next year we wanna go hike this trail that leads through it. We didn't hike but stopped at a bunch of view points. We hope to do it more in the future years with older kids. 

Nothing like some All American food on the 4th.
We then swung through Zions on the way home. Milo was asleep by now so we just snapped a few quick pics. 
Colored hair as promised just in time for BBQ and fireworks. 
Beautiful sunset to end the day

No comments: