This holiday is always so fun around here. It really is one of Gabe's favs. She woke up 3 times in the night watching for Leprechauns and to come tell me what they had done in our house. She was more awake for this than on Christmas! Next year we're gonna have to update to more advanced traps and give her benydryl. Ha! She's too smart and knows what we have won't work well as far as traps go. (Seriously how'd she get so big, my traps were genius last year?) It kinda didn't help the kids I watched came over that morning bragging they had caught one. Not sure how that works, but that's what they claimed. (I think it got away but since they caught it, it had to leave gold?) I'm not sure, but it put a little damper on Gabe's day cause she didn't catch hers, which made me sad for her. Oh well.
Our leprechauns, yes there was more than one causing havoc while we slept, made a mess of our house. And since we tried to catch them with fake gold to lure them (we used pennies) they left us fake gold to tease us. (Candy) They once again left little green footprints all over and turned our house upside down. They even toilet papered our bathroom. The Wadsworth kids thought that was crazy! ;) I decorated the table and left goodies on it for the morning, including shamrock tattoos. During the night the leprechauns put them on our kids' hands. Silly guys! Gabe was shocked! Ollie's partly rubbed off so he didn't get it. And Milo didn't even notice his. 
Setting up a few traps. I tried to convince her they'd get tangled in the jump rope and be tied up in the morning. Instead during the night they tied up our stuffed animals.
Decked out in our green gear. They wore the green suspenders, necklaces, and badges all day. The other stuff I didn't pull out until later.
Milo was so funny. He saw Gabe's wig and was all about putting it on. He's always down for most things we do. Our other two when they were that little we had to coax them into them to get a picture. Cute boy. He was more weirded out by the antenna headbands. :)
Ollie was a hoot that day too. He'd purposely pinch you to start a pinching war. He loved it. Gabe was so good at making sure people had green. She told me everyone she pinched who didn't. She also was quick to pinch Daddy when he changed after work and forgot to put green back on. She pinched me when I changed into greenless pajamas. Stinker. Ollie started more pinching wars later when Daddy got home.
I felt like kinda a slacker cause I didn't do any cool games or anything the whole day after shool. I did make lunch as green as I could with juice boxes, pears, and green veggies to go with their sandwiches. We had mint milkshakes that night too. But the kids had fun playing anyway so there ya have it. We had spring break the week before so when the holiday rolled around on Monday I kinda flaked. You'd think it'd give me plenty of time to prepare, BUT I didn't even think of it. :/
Oh well the kids still loved it. Hope everyone didn't get pinched too much. If you were here it wouldn't have mattered if you had green, Ollie made sure you got a pinch or two followed by his giggle.



2 comments:
Ollie. Pinching stinker. So cute!! We didn't do anything. No green food, no
Green clothes, no green games. It was super lame of me. Levi didn't care one way or another
Love the tricks those little guys pulled. They're sneaky little stinks!
Post a Comment