Saturday, November 14, 2015

13 Days of Halloween Fun

I gotta be honest, I tried to get out of doing my 13 days this year. Our lives are so hectic. I feel like I don't even have time to clean my house let alone do projects. BUT my kids would not have it. I've created little festive monsters! Ha! So I sucked it up and did it, letting them know there are just some days we wouldn't have time to do lots. Milo was SOOOO fun this year. He loved decorating for Halloween. Whenever we dropped off the other two at school he would beg me to drive around so he could look at Halloween decorations on everyone's houses and yards. He told me daily we needed more and where we should put something. It was adorable. I can't wait for Christmas, he is gonna be so fun. Anyway, her are some pics I did manage to get of some of our stuff. I didn't take pics of it all.
Someday even if we don't do the 13 days, my kids will probably still make me have our Halloween spooky dinner. Haunted House day is by far their favorite, because we get to dress up and eat spooky stuff. The rule is you have to come as something spooky. We usually just end up rotating costumes, but they love it. 
Michael sell these super fun foam building kits of Halloween stuff. Last year we did a cute haunted house. I bought some of the bigger ones that were on sale this year and I'll probably never do them again. Kinda a nightmare. We did a spooky haunted ship, an Ice Scream shop, and Dracula playing his spider organ. I threw them out. Hard to rebuild. Next year I'll stick to the small ones I think. 
Vampire day we have a Dracula's mystery dinner. Ollie wasn't a fan this year so it wasn't as fun as we could have liked. 

These ladies in my ward get together for girl's night every so often. Now I LOVE festive people, and girl's night are fun, BUT I don't love big group gatherings. These aren't my thing. They are like Relief Society gatherings to me. That's not a bad thing, it just means I'll be in the corner and attempting to make polite conversation the best I can. I'd rather go with one or two friends and actually feel like I can get to know someone instead of just pilot conversation to get you through the party. I KNOW that sounds lame, but that's me. I ended up dragging my good friend with me who is just as socially awkward. Ha! I kinda only went cause the other counselor in our Primary Presidency was hosting it. Not sure I'll make it to another one soon, but it was ok. 
Pumpkin day is our last day and we carve our pumpkins to sit on our porch for Halloween. 
 Gabe loves the goo, the boys still did not. Milo wouldn't touch it. They all carved a lot of their pumpkins this year. It was nice. 
We usually carve something they are into that year. Ollie's is Mario, Milo wanted paw patrol at first but changed to a spooky face. Gabe wanted a JOY pattern to go along with her costume, but we couldn't find one. So she did Jack the pumpkin King's face from Nightmare Before Christmas. My kids are obsessed with that show this year and it's songs. 
When Milo went with me to buy pumpkins he begged for this little baby one that we didn't even want to attempt to carve. So he told me to draw a sad baby face on it. Then he wanted a sad baby face doggy, so that's what we tried to make it into. Silly boy. 
 They all turned out super awesome! 

No comments: