![]() |
| 5 Years Old |
![]() |
| 4 Years Old |
| 3 Years Old |
![]() |
| 2 Years Old |
![]() |
| 1 Year Old |
| Our baby boy |
| Newborn |
For some reason time seems to go by super fast when it comes to Ollie. He is this big kid all of a sudden. I think because Gabe is so petite that she's always felt little. Well Ollie just seems too big for his age. He's in big kid clothes and it his sister just got there too. So he sometimes makes us think he's older than he is, but we gotta remind ourselves he's still young. He was SOOOO excited to finally turn 5. He was waiting and waiting. For some reason five was a big deal for him, so I'm glad he could get there.
He still just wants to be older and bigger. He wants to be in the big kid school with Gabe. He's over preschool, he's ready for the real deal already. He's tried a lot of new things lately and we're so proud of him. For Ollie this is a huge accomplishment. He's done tumbling, soccer, and piano. I wasn't gonna sign him up for piano, but he would watch Gabe practice all her songs, then he'd get on the piano and do them too. So lucky my good neighbor was good about starting him too, especially if he had an interest in it. Now that he's done it more, it isn't his favorite thing to practice and being Ollie he fights me on it, but he likes being able to play it and any time someone is willing to sit down and listen to him play.
He is sooo super smart. He randomly just spouts off math facts to me all day. "Mom, 12 plus 12 is 24. Mom 5 plus 5 is 10. Mom 100 plus 100 makes 200. " He's always been this way with numbers. I love that he loves it. It makes me smile. We then quiz him and ask him all sorts of combination of numbers and he loves to figure them out. He's reading like a champ. He is really good at sounding out words, and knows a bunch of sight words. By the time he does get to Kindergarten, he'll be set. I like the idea of him being a head in math and reading, cause when he hits Chinese in first grade it'll be helpful for him to be.
He started another preschool through the district to take some speech classes. There are a few sounds that I just can't get him to say. So this lady who moved into our ward does the speech classes at the Preschool and three falls and told me we could have him tested to see if he qualified for the classes. He did qualify, and now he takes them. I have noticed a difference already. I already thought since he's started reading and can visibly see the words that he was getting better, but taking the classes has helped even more. I'd rather get him in classes now then when he's old. So he goes to Happy Day two days in the morning cause they help him with his reading and his best buddy Truman is there. Then he goes to the district one four days in the afternoon for speech. It works out. He doesn't love going to two schools some days, but we do it. We feel like both are super beneficial, otherwise we'd probably drop one. The funny thing is, he'll probably go to less school next year in Kindergarten, so he'll be ready.
Ollie is probably the most stubborn kid ever. No really, he will battle you on everything sometimes just to battle. He goes through these phases that are always harder than others. These are the times in life that Adam and just look at each other and say, "K, now what should we try?" and then we pray our guts out for this silly kid. These last few months he's been in one of his hard Ollie phases. He fights and has one reaction to everything, .....anger and yelling. And it doesn't matter where you are at either. He reminds us of one of his cousins, they are so similar, so we sometimes ask for advice from them. We eventually work through it and move on. He still is young enough that he is learning to deal with emotions and changes and social issues. He doesn't love being put on the spot and it embarrasses him and he rebels when it happens. So we learn to work around it and through it and we learn and grow. Sometimes it takes a while, and we just shake our heads and throw our hands up. We always say Ollie will always keep us guessing. We never know how he'll handle new things or a situation. He also will be the one to turn us gray. ;)
With all that being said, Ollie is the funniest kid to be around. He constantly cracks jokes, loves to laugh, and LOVES to tease. To the point where he's a pest at times, but is starting to learn to tease back so it's fun. He makes me laugh and smile a lot in the day. He's starting to take his big brother roll seriously. He really looks after Milo and tries to teach and tell him how to do things, sometimes to a point where he's bossy, but it's fun to see him in the roll. His best buddies are by far Gabe and Daddy. He could spend the day with either of them and be so content. He is the biggest, best cuddler ever. He tells me he could hug me all day. I'd let him if we could. A lot of times when I'm upset he just hugs me. He has to be laying half on top of you when you hang out or watch a movie. He feels so loved by physical touch. He is also our BEST helper/listener. I really can ask him to go get something and tell him where it is and he'll go get it. The other two seem to come back forgetting what I asked for or claim they looked and can't find it. Usually when this happens, Ollie gets up and goes and gets it. I can ask him to go do his morning list and he just does. The other two get distracted or need me to tell them what to do next. He has to help you. He refuses to take no for an answer and will go get his own cleaning stuff if you don't let him help. One of his favorite things is working with Dad on Saturdays. Doing anything, in the yard, building in the garage, working on a car, etc. It's adorable. I love it.
We seriously love this boy of ours. I'm so grateful for all the goodness that inside him, it's a nice reminder to me of how I should be. His willingness to serve is amazing. He makes me our family so happy!
He still just wants to be older and bigger. He wants to be in the big kid school with Gabe. He's over preschool, he's ready for the real deal already. He's tried a lot of new things lately and we're so proud of him. For Ollie this is a huge accomplishment. He's done tumbling, soccer, and piano. I wasn't gonna sign him up for piano, but he would watch Gabe practice all her songs, then he'd get on the piano and do them too. So lucky my good neighbor was good about starting him too, especially if he had an interest in it. Now that he's done it more, it isn't his favorite thing to practice and being Ollie he fights me on it, but he likes being able to play it and any time someone is willing to sit down and listen to him play.
He is sooo super smart. He randomly just spouts off math facts to me all day. "Mom, 12 plus 12 is 24. Mom 5 plus 5 is 10. Mom 100 plus 100 makes 200. " He's always been this way with numbers. I love that he loves it. It makes me smile. We then quiz him and ask him all sorts of combination of numbers and he loves to figure them out. He's reading like a champ. He is really good at sounding out words, and knows a bunch of sight words. By the time he does get to Kindergarten, he'll be set. I like the idea of him being a head in math and reading, cause when he hits Chinese in first grade it'll be helpful for him to be.
He started another preschool through the district to take some speech classes. There are a few sounds that I just can't get him to say. So this lady who moved into our ward does the speech classes at the Preschool and three falls and told me we could have him tested to see if he qualified for the classes. He did qualify, and now he takes them. I have noticed a difference already. I already thought since he's started reading and can visibly see the words that he was getting better, but taking the classes has helped even more. I'd rather get him in classes now then when he's old. So he goes to Happy Day two days in the morning cause they help him with his reading and his best buddy Truman is there. Then he goes to the district one four days in the afternoon for speech. It works out. He doesn't love going to two schools some days, but we do it. We feel like both are super beneficial, otherwise we'd probably drop one. The funny thing is, he'll probably go to less school next year in Kindergarten, so he'll be ready.
Ollie is probably the most stubborn kid ever. No really, he will battle you on everything sometimes just to battle. He goes through these phases that are always harder than others. These are the times in life that Adam and just look at each other and say, "K, now what should we try?" and then we pray our guts out for this silly kid. These last few months he's been in one of his hard Ollie phases. He fights and has one reaction to everything, .....anger and yelling. And it doesn't matter where you are at either. He reminds us of one of his cousins, they are so similar, so we sometimes ask for advice from them. We eventually work through it and move on. He still is young enough that he is learning to deal with emotions and changes and social issues. He doesn't love being put on the spot and it embarrasses him and he rebels when it happens. So we learn to work around it and through it and we learn and grow. Sometimes it takes a while, and we just shake our heads and throw our hands up. We always say Ollie will always keep us guessing. We never know how he'll handle new things or a situation. He also will be the one to turn us gray. ;)
With all that being said, Ollie is the funniest kid to be around. He constantly cracks jokes, loves to laugh, and LOVES to tease. To the point where he's a pest at times, but is starting to learn to tease back so it's fun. He makes me laugh and smile a lot in the day. He's starting to take his big brother roll seriously. He really looks after Milo and tries to teach and tell him how to do things, sometimes to a point where he's bossy, but it's fun to see him in the roll. His best buddies are by far Gabe and Daddy. He could spend the day with either of them and be so content. He is the biggest, best cuddler ever. He tells me he could hug me all day. I'd let him if we could. A lot of times when I'm upset he just hugs me. He has to be laying half on top of you when you hang out or watch a movie. He feels so loved by physical touch. He is also our BEST helper/listener. I really can ask him to go get something and tell him where it is and he'll go get it. The other two seem to come back forgetting what I asked for or claim they looked and can't find it. Usually when this happens, Ollie gets up and goes and gets it. I can ask him to go do his morning list and he just does. The other two get distracted or need me to tell them what to do next. He has to help you. He refuses to take no for an answer and will go get his own cleaning stuff if you don't let him help. One of his favorite things is working with Dad on Saturdays. Doing anything, in the yard, building in the garage, working on a car, etc. It's adorable. I love it.
We seriously love this boy of ours. I'm so grateful for all the goodness that inside him, it's a nice reminder to me of how I should be. His willingness to serve is amazing. He makes me our family so happy!
-He loves to wink
-"Stop it old guy!" he says teasingly to me.
-Asking Gabe how to say things in chinese
O: how do you say dog, cat, car, etc.
How do you say hakdlahdkd?
-Gabe told us she got quized on how many chinese words she could rember she listed off a bunch she remembered in her quiz
O: what about swimming pool, airplane, rocket ship, rocks
G: I don't know any of those
O:you're kidding me right?
G:no
O: or course. Of course
-Passing Walmart at night he says, "Mom what are all those people still doing there. Don't they know it's late!?"
-What's is that, that's a weird looking bus? I explained what an rv is
O:I want one.
Mom: They are expensive bud.
G- yeah like five, no ten dollars
O- oh ok. ... Hey I've got ten dollars I'll buy us one
G-you do? Wait they're like 100
O-wow I don't have that much
G-yeah that's why u can't buy one they're expensive
-O:Hey mom watch this!
I turn to watch and he just sits there doing nothing.
O:See mom how I did that. I asked u to watch then I just sat there. Hahahaha!
G:I love this song
O: Yeah I'm in love
Rock Paper Scissors- he hold out one finger and I hold out scissors.
Mom: What's that?
O: A crayon! It's ok you win, cause scissors cut crayons.
Good to know.





No comments:
Post a Comment