Tuesday, February 16, 2010

We're alive

Okay so I figured that it's time for an update. I'm starting to worry people. Ha. I like to have my blog updated as much as possible. I just haven't. I've been busy with other things, but nothing too demanding. I think since the first time having my blog, I just haven't been feeling I have anything blog worthy? Ha i don't know, I have no excuses. Either way I'll be better and try and at least do my once a week updated, with at least a picture of our cute girl. (Cause we all know that's what you all really want to see) Sorry guys for those of you who care. :)

This weekend was Valentines weekend, and honestly it really isn't our thing. With Christmas in December, our Anniversary in Jan, when Feb hits we're over it. I think it's a fun holiday as far as encouraging people to express love. I plan on making it a big deal for my kids when they can understand it. As for Adam and I, we aren't that into it. I am more of a spontaneous romantic kind of person. I don't like hitting the crowds, trying to get a table, to celebrate something everyone else is celebrating. Takes the specialness out of it I think. With that being said, we usually don't do anything for each other. I did have Gabe make a special picture for her Daddy. It was her first time finger painting. I didn't know how she'd react, cause she hates having dirty hands. She LOVED it, and every time she sees the paints she wants to do it again. i think she's kind of an artsy crafty kid anyways. She loves stuff like that. Adam loved it. We got gabe some cute basic stuff for the day too. I did end up making Adam a candy bar poster. I've been a snappy, grumpy wife to live with lately, and he deserved to know I appreciate him. Plus he wasn't expecting it. It ended up a very nice day.

The Saturday before we went to our ward's adult Valentines dance. We didn't know how we felt leaving Gabe with a young woman, cause she's got serious separation anxiety right now. Especially since our assigned girl was a barely new beehive. (I didn't know what experience she had). We figured we'd just wait until Gabe went to sleep and leave. Aubrey, which gabe says, "A-Bee" arrived looking eight, and Gabe took to her right away. She wanted to hold her hand, sit on her lap, and show her ALL of her toys. We were very surprised. So we decided we'd try and leave and see how she did. She usually freaks out. She did awesome. She was like, "bye Momma, bye Daddy." and went back to playing. I made our night a lot more enjoyable. Aubree did great and we look forward to using her again.
They had a really yummy dinner, and a dj to play music. Adam and I can't dance, but we decided we'd be good sports anyway. So even though we looked silly, we had tons of fun. Everyone young and old were out on the floor dancing even if they couldn't. It made it fun.

That's about it. We did have a primary activity as well and i'll try and get some pictures from it to show you. We are still trying to get our house ready for Uncle Cj's visit this weekend. We're excited to see him. I hope everyone else is happy and well. We are I promise.








6 comments:

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

How fun for Gabe! She looked like she enjoyed the finger painting!! I love the pics. I love the candy bar poster, I have done that too, it's so much fun and such a cute thoughtful gift for your man. See you did celebrate "Love Day". I hear you about the crowds though, its nuts!! Thats great Gabe did good with a sitter, that always helps when you two need a little outting. I have yet to have anyone watch Mikey besides family (guess the perk of living close- :)) So, I'm sure when/if it happens I will have some anxiety! Glad to hear an update. Take Care

The Letterman's said...

you did much better then me although I guess I could use the excuse that I was in the hospital with Maggs so doing something for V-day was next to impossible. We're kinda the same about the day too, although Rob gave me a sweet note.

KBPatterson said...

You are such a good wife. I'm sure Adam loved the poster. Very cute! And finger paints...I'm sure Gabe was in heaven! I can't believe how long her hair is! She is looking more and more like a gorgeous little lady! Sounds like you guys had a fun Vday! I hate crowds too!!! That's why we waited until last night to go out. Ha.

Katrina said...

I'm not a big v-day kind of person either. Steve did get me a calla lilly house plant though, so i get the flowers all year long! I like plants. Poor boy didnt get anything from me.... unless you count his $100 running shoes.
Gabe looks so cute. I'm glad she liked finger painting. Thats too cute. I have a friend who had her kid finger paint with pudding. That was cute too.

Grandma Krissy said...

Now that's what I am talking about!!! I love it...thank you!

Judy said...

She is definitely a little artist. Between her finger painting, wall coloring and pictures she really enjoys being creative. Thanks for sharing.