Conference weekend was a nice refreshing, uplifting time for us. We love it. Mainly cause our kids are getting old enough that we can get a little something out of it. A little is better than nothing. It's still tricky and we miss when Milo had double naps last time right at conference times, BUT we made due. Our kids do pretty good. I'm always trying to come up with new stuff to keep them busy but have them listen while they're at it.
We still did our apostle chairs but this time we had to put a topic picture about what they spoke on by their chairs when they were done speaking.
I also took small pics of the remaining 15 men who hadn't spoken and put them on activities. So once they started speaking the kids switched to a new activity. Otherwise my kids soar through the stuff fast and are over it. The activities ranged from sticker pads, coloring, play doh, etc. Most I tried to make accessible in front of the TV. A few were up at the table. I would throw in a twist though and make the kids build something out of play doh that he was talking about, draw a picture about something he asked, etc....
It worked pretty well. They got more out of it than I thought they would so that's a plus. It's still got some tweeking but overall it was nice.
Gabe made herself, Ollie, and Milo as future missionaries.
When the speaker asked what she does when she feels sad, she drew a picture of herself kneeling at her bed to pray. Ollie drew one of him wrestling with Daddy cause that makes him happy again. :)
We of course had our topic snack bowls. I don't think I could not have these. They really help my kids listen better and it's become our conference tradition. We love being able to be together to listen to such awesome things!
1 comment:
I need to pin this post just so I can have it for future reference when my boys finally get old enough to understand. such good ideas! love it!
Levi didn't get it at all, except pictures of the temple in between sessions. "Temple Mom!"
Post a Comment