Sunday, May 11, 2014

Dance Recital

Gabe had her Spring dance recital this weekend. Recital weekends are crazy busy. Friday night you have a tech rehearsal which we actually couldn't make it to. :( I felt bad cause it would have been good for another practice. Saturday morning you have a dress rehearsal and pictures. Class pictures and individual pictures are taken. They were so unorganized with these it wasn't even funny. Not sure what pics I'll get, when I'll get them, and how much I'll end up paying. :/ Then you have to be there early for call time and then the show. I am grateful her class performed 5th this time. Last time she was almost last and that was a long time for my boys to sit. This time there were 29 dances and an intermission. Phew. So it was busy. Our boys were so grumpy to have to sit there and watch. It's hard to entertain them that young with something they aren't interested in at all. Oh well. 
Gabe and Embrie (one of the girls I watched)
Brittany, Briana's mom got asked to help with some costume stuff last minute. So I helped keep and eye on her girls. So I never did get a chance for an individual picture of Gabe. I'm sad I didn't but it was hectic. 
I did snap some with her bestie and her little class 
These poor girls. Their dress rehearsal went very badly. They all forgot lots. Even their teacher was surprised cause they usually do it good. They made them do it twice. The second time went better. Gabe was super discouraged and nervous. Their actual performance went soooo much better. The only thing that went wrong was Gabe fanning her eyes during her performance. :) I think she's gonna have allergies to make up. It makes her eyes water. So I taught her to look up and fan her eyes to get her eyes to stop watering. It helps but I didn't anticipate her doing it during her performance. So at one point she was fanning her eyes like crazy. It was like a cute innocent funny thing. People I talked to thought it was part of her performance- like she was waving the other dancers over. :) 
The line up. It was confusing and nuts. Hope to go somewhere else next year for classes for dance. This place is just hectic and unorganized all the time. 
I tried taking some pics during the show but Adam was wrestling the boys so I decided to film instead. 
They had a twenty minute delay for the show to start. They had music issues. So after showing up fifteen minutes early and then sitting for twenty minutes and then waiting for her to dance- the boys were DONE! Adam left and took the boys and Gabe and I watched the rest of the show. She could watch it all day. She loves it. 
We tried everything to entertain them. They had snacks and phones to play on but it was tricky. 
So proud of our girl! She did awesome and we love watching her do what she loves. 

2 comments:

Travis Laurel said...

Someday. I will watch this girl dance. If it's the last thing I do. I bet it's the cutest most awesome thing ever. Good job Gabe. You're the most adorable girl ever! Love those dresses pretty cute cuties!

Katrina said...

Yay gabe! the eye fanning cracks me up. What a funny thing.

My niece (she's almost 12) is a major ballerina dancer. Steve's brother and his wife dont take their little kids to the recital, cuz they cant handle watching the whole thing either. So I dont blame the boys. :)

I cant wait to get A into dance. I think she'll love it. What a cutie Gabe is.