Thursday, May 8, 2014

Turning 30

Turning 30 really wasn't as nerve racking for me as it seems to be for most people. I think I've always viewed the twenties as when you do school and starting families, and experience a lot of your "firsts". The thirties seem to be when people start to be more established in a home and start careers and start to be done having kids. It's when you start plannig more regular vacations, do more in the community, and when you get to experience sports,dance classes, music lessons and school presentations with your kids. Sounds pretty nice eh? I'm ready for my thirties and excited. Come forty I might freak a little, but I'm good at thirty.

Sure I feel older. I look older and my body is softer, but my body feels accomplished at the same time. Hey. I've had 3 wonderful babies! I did have a goal to try and look and feel my best at thirty. Even though I still have some personal goals of all kinds, when my bday came around I knew that I had done the best I could and I felt happy. And even though I didn't accomplish all of my 30 goals before 30, I did a lot of stuff I've never done. I've gone to the temple more, donated blood, sewed stuff, got Milo sleeping through the night, and bought me a pencil skirt, etc. :) There are some things I wish I had done in the last year and in my twenties, but now I get to plan out goals for my thirties. I stress a little that I'm not as accomplished in some ways or in some things as I'd like to be and look back and wonder if I should have done stuff differently, but I've done a lot in my twenties to be proud of. 

I think turning 30 was more stressful for Adam than it was for me. He felt like he needed to make it super special and that he almost had to one up me for his 30th bday. He did a wonderful job. He did a 30 days till 30 count down. Every day he'd come home from work with a gift and a new love note. He got me this picture book to put all my love notes in to keep. So I basically was spoiled the whole month of April. It definitely made turning 30 fun and exciting instead of scary. My gifts varied and I meant to take more pics. I just didn't. Mainly cause as soon as I was handed a gift I had one of the kids wanting to help me open it. It got to be just as exciting for the kids as it was for me. As soon as Adam would get home they'd rush to go get a gift from him so they could hand it to me. I got the best stuff from a wishlist and things he thought of. I got gift cards, jewelry, workout stuff, kitchen goodies, my favorite snacks, smaller things like nail polish and gum, etc. 

Day 30 on my bday he brought home a bunch of gift cards to different stores I wanted to shop at once we move into our house. With a bunch of flowers with a cute door mat tied around them with a little key that said "Home" on it. He also brought my favorite drink from swig. It's all kinda hard to explain, but he put a lot of thougt into it and making it nice, and I loved that about it. It was the best. My only regret is that we didn't take more pics of my day, but it was just too fun and busy that we didn't think about it until we were on the couch cuddling at the end of the night. 

I woke to a decorated house and breakfast made for me. Which was kinda funny cause we had two people come to look at our house to rent when we move out and it was all decorated. ;) Ollie was in charge of making my day fun while Daddy went to work and Gabe to school. He was cute and tried to make it super fun by playing with me. We then later went to dinner at my favorite place and then he took me clothes shopping. He let me choose what I wanted to do. The next day we celebrated with dessert and the kids with coconut cream pie. Mmmmmm. I'm kinda in love with it. We kinda worried my birthday neither of us would feel well. I had the flu bad Sunday night all of Monday and didn't feel half decent until Wednesday. (My bday fell on Thursday) Adam had a Chrones flare up and felt just as crappy most of the week. We also worried one of the kids might get the flu (which amazingly none of them did) and we wouldn't have left them with a babysitter. We were really blessed to have all of us feel great and I had such a nice day. Thanks for making my day/month so wonderful Ad! I love you!
This is normally what my gifts looked liked. Wrapped fun with a love note announcing the day attached. 
My awesome homemade ice cream maker- one of the gifts I got
At the end of the busy day realizing we should take atleast one picture. 
The kids helped decorate with these homemade heartfelt signs

2 comments:

Travis Laurel said...

WOW! That's amazing! I've got a totally awesome brother. He might need to teach trav a few things. Haha. You totally deserve it. You always put everyone else before you. I'm so happy you had a chance to be as spoiled as much as you spoil everyone. Congrats on the pencil skirt. That's an amazing goal. One I'll probably never meet. Bravo! Hope every works out for the house.

Katrina said...

What a great hubs. Such a cute fun day. Steve and I need to be better about more heartfelt things. I think its great you guys do that kind of stuff. It sounds like you had a great birthday.