I thought summer was busy, but I was wrong. Life is now busy beyond belief. I have a million alarms on my phone, and three that aren't even listed in the pic. It'll be crazy, but hopefully we'll get into the swing of things.
The night before school I stayed with her and calmed her down and rubbed her back so she could get some sleep.
I was hoping her shiner would go away before school started. It didn't. SO we have some memorable first day pics this year.
She can't decide between the two things of which she wants to be more. :)
She is SO very proud of her new sparkly lunch box and her messenger bag backpack.
I was a big mess. I was so nervous about her going all day. Don't ask me why she's a rock star. BUT I was! I kept asking if she wanted me to help her do stuff and she kept telling me, "No Mom, I'm fine I can do it!" Then I kept thinking I needed to go get her.
Our first day was a little dramatic. At the end of Kindergarten they tell you which class you'll be in and take you there to meet your teacher. Gabe has two teachers and she was supposed to be in English in the mornings, and Chinese in the afternoons. SOOOO... we prepped her for that and we went the first day and they had changed it. So she all of a sudden wasn't in the class with her best buddy, and was thrown right into Chinese on her first day. She was like a deer in the headlights. Not quite sure what to think. They don't speak any English in her Chinese class. The teacher tries to sign as much as she can. The kids pick up on words. She did ok though.
Luckily she was placed right by her buddy Afton, that helped.
While she was away Ollie and I made her some raspberry bars.
Ollie kept waiting and waiting for Gabe to come home. He told me, "She's taking forever!" and he fell asleep waiting. Cute boy.
At the end of the day I asked how she liked Chinese. She said, "I loved it, it was so amazing!"
I asked, "Did you understand anything?"
"Nope," she said. :)
Giving her bars to her. She was touched Ollie would help make her something so nice.
FHE we had a back to school lesson and some Father's blessings.
Ollie's first day of Preschool!
Such a handsome boy this one. We love him. I was even more nervous for him, cause I know him.
The teacher has a sign in the window when you can come on in. She says she flips it around to green at 9:20 (it starts at 9:30) So on the first day everyone is there walking around and waiting and waiting and she never came out or flipped it. It just made Ollie more nervous. We were super annoyed. So when we got in there he did not want me to leave him at all. He just kept asking me to stay, or let Gabe be in his class, or not come, or anything thing else he could think of. Then he wouldn't stop gripping my leg and the tears started. I had to make sure my tears didn't start, which was super hard. Mainly cause I know him, and know how hard change/trying new things is for him. He very reserved and doesn't like the spot light. But he's brave and strong and we are so proud of him. He stayed and tried and LOVED it.
I did love the idea of one on one with my baby. We don't get it often enough.
He helped make Ollie a first day giant cookie.
His buddy Embry is in his class. No she doesn't help him feel more comfortable like we thought she would. They play well and get along ok, but they are kinda friends by default, not cause they excitedly choose to be. He also has "the twins" we call them in his class. They live three doors down and are in his primary class. Collin and Clayton. I am getting to know their mom more but they haven't played so that wasn't too helpful either.
At the end of the day he was ok with a pic with his teacher Miss Lorilee, but NOT at the beginning. He told me he was sad for a bit until it was time to play outside on the toys. And those toys are awesome according to him I guess. So they made him happy. We'll take it.
His Humpty Dumpty egg. He was so proud.
Wahoo for giant cookies!




























2 comments:
WOW! thats an amazing giant cookie! Wish Milo would make me one. yummy yummy! Glad the kids survived their first days! So grown up and... savin china "sniff" ;) sorry, dumb.
Can't believe they don't speak English in her Chinese class. Thats certainly one way of learning. but wow those kids sure are small to not be speaking english to them.
I'm glad she likes her Chinese class. Where did her teacher learn how to speak Chinese? One of my bosses' wife teaches 1st Grade Chinese - she's from Taiwan. I'm glad they both did so well on their first day - post nerves!
Post a Comment