Friday, June 12, 2015

Turning Seven!

I think this is the first year that I've started to accept that my girl is growing up. Almost every other year I can't believe it, and I don't want it to happen. Don't get me wrong, I don't want it to happen, I want to keep her with me forever, but it's just fun to be with her. Maybe because I'm just enjoying this older side of her more and more. She's becoming my daughter and my friend, so it's a fun new phase to have with her. We bond a lot cause we are the girls of the house, and we get to hang out a lot together. I love my girl and am excited about who she's turning into. 

She's SOOOO smart, it sometimes amazes me what she can take on and all that she knows. It's not only school stuff, the knowledge she has of the gospel sometimes brings me to tears. It's amazing. She's so loving and loves to heard and take care of her brothers. She's Mommy number two around here, and proud of it. She loves to laugh, and just spend time with you. It's how she feels loved, just quality time is all she wants and needs. She loves to cuddle and talk. Talking with her is one of my favorite things to do. So when we can talk and be girls, it's the best thing ever. It's not just me she loves to talk with though. At night time I say good night to her, and I leave her to chat with her Daddy before she goes to bed. Sometimes they chat for a while, cause they both love to do it. 

She's always willing and ready to try new things and meet new people. She jumps head first into most things she does, and loves everything she tries. The only thing she hasn't loved was swim lessons, and she's recently taken those head on. Our sweet girl has shown she does indeed have a feisty side, and tackles things that are challenging. Swim lessons, and even soccer.  She's all about trying new different things next year, and it's exciting to see what she ends up loving. 

She recently started complaining about her eyes. She did occasionaly the last few months in school, but we couldn't get her in to see the eye doctor until now. We started quizzing her on what she could see and what she couldn't, and we could never really get a read on it. She also has a friend that recently got reading glasses and Gabe thinks they are so cute, so I didn't know if part of it was just her wishing she had glasses too. Come to find out she's more blind than we thought. Whoops. Bad parenting mistakes for us. I hope that she didn't struggle all year, but we never saw any signs of it, and I guess neither did teachers. Someone told me that kids don't know any better, cause it's the only way they know how to see, so it's hard to tell sometimes if they don't complain. Either way problem solved now. The girl is getting some cute purple glasses that I let her choose out herself. I wanted her to love the ones that she got, so she'll feel confident in them. Her eyes are bad enough she could wear them all the time, but the doc doesn't think she'll need to until she wants to eventually. He predicts her eyes will continue to get worse every year for a few years then taper off. I guess most kids do. He thinks that by the time she does want glasses all the time, she will be old enough for contacts. Who knows. For now I'm gonna encourage her to wear them when she feels she needs them. 

Anyway turing seven will bring fun new things, and great adventures for this girl of ours. We are so excited to be apart of it all. We love her. 



No comments: