Friday, February 12, 2016

Happy New Year!

New years was so fun this year. We always on the Monday night before the actual holiday, for family night watch our pictures in a video from the year and talk about our favorite memories and big things that happened. Obviously from 2015 they were a trip to NZ, and Ollie breaking his leg, Adam breaking his collar bone, Milo being potty trained and starting school, and Gabe trying new things like her Musical Theatre class, and Chinese class getting more advanced. We had some good trips, so good visits from people, and some crazy sicknesses. We survived and had good times. Out with the old and time for the new. We were gonna invite people over but it seems like it just never happened. It ended up being a good thing. Our family needed some fun bonding time. 
We love getting new games for Christmas. If family don't get us any, Santa usually brings some as family gift so we can play them on New Years. We had some fun new ones this year. 
Adam loved this kid Farming Game that Laurel and Trav got him. (The kids did too of course but probably him the most)
We did some pop fireworks in the house. It was way windy that night, same as last year. We lost Milo around ten, and the others slowed way down come eleven that we ended up convincing them to go to bed around eleven thirty. Kinda lame we were almost there, but we were all beat. 


Before school started the Wagners came and visited us for the day. Actually for a few hours, but we'll take what we can get. They really are some of our oldest Reno friends and we haven't seen them in a few years. They just moved down to Vegas for a job so we are super excited that they will be closer and that we can get together with them more often. 
Crazy to see how big our kids got, and to even have them meet Milo. 

New Years resolutions usually inspire me to do good things. I was kinda already burnt out in life and not normally as motivated as I could be. I have started running again to try and build it back up. My knee is objecting, but we're getting there. I'll run in most anything, and i'll take the rain over the wind. I did have to skip out on the snow day though. The only time I don't run is when I'm down for a week sick with monthly girl fun, but life goes one. Our next trip to London I definitely won't be New Zealand skinny, but hopefully by summer time I'll be better. Good thing no beach time in London. 

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I need to take a leaf out of your book. All night games would be such a blast. Maybe when my kids are a little older and can play better on their own.