Sunday, August 31, 2008

Giggling Gabe

So as a parent I find myself always looking forward to the new milestones in Gabe's growth. Focusing on objects, holding up her head, or her first smile. The newest one was hearing her laugh. I couldn't wait until I could hear that sound.  You could tell it was getting closer. She would occasionally squeal at you, or take in a breath and let it out with something that sounded enjoyable. Adam said the other day she made some noises that somewhat resembled one. Today I was laying her down for a nap, and trying to untwist this blanket that she was tangled in. The blanket ended up landing on her face, so I took it off and smiled at her and she giggled at me. It threw me off. So I played peek a boo with her blanket to see if she would do it again. Low and be hold, the cutest laugh that I'd ever heard. :) I thought how fun, so I kept doing it. I called Adam in, cause I wanted him to witness how cute it was, and of course she wouldn't do it. So Adam tried every silly thing you can think of. The whole time I'm promising him that she did it, and it was SOOO cute. So randomly she starts doing it again. Full on giggles coming from her just one after another. Hurray I told ya! She had us both almost to the ground laughing, which kept her laughing. I can officially say today was the day that she first laughed. I was way excited, so I figured that I'd make a post to tell all of you how fun it was. We attempted to get it on camera to post, but we failed. We'll try again. I think being a parent I probably find this more exciting than any of you will, but I figured I'd spread the word anyway.

3 comments:

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

Thats awesome and its so cute to hear their little giggles. It is a milestone for any parent and those are the best ones to wait for, makes it so worth it. I cant believe how big she is getting, showing so much personality! Wahoo. Glad to hear all is well! Love ya

Katrina said...

How cute!! you guys really do need to get some video of it so i can hear it too. the ribs looked great. i wish i could have some. i love bbq...yum yum.

Brittany Wagner said...

That is the best. Although I really enjoyed watching Chuck try really hard to giggle and more of "HONK" like a goose would come out!! BUt how rewarding when your child finally laughs at its parents!!