Friday, August 7, 2009

Weiss Powell Trip

Our last month has been busy. I did a few posts all at once to get it caught up. There are three new ones. They go in order from the bottom to top. There are a million pics:




Following Park City we headed down to Lake Powell to join up with the Weiss side. Camping and boating at Powell was by far my favorite vacation spot growing up. It was so fun to take Adam there for his first time and see how much Gabe loved it! We couldn't keep Gabe out of the water. As soon as she was out of the tent in the morning, she would grab a toy, and bum scoot her way down the beach to the water to splash and throw rocks. Numerous times I didn't have a swimming suit on her yet. We went through a lot of clothes. We enjoyed wakeboarding, riding the hot dog (thanks Robby), cliff jumping, climbing sand mountain (twice might I add), sight seeing in the boat, playing games, munching on food, and chatting with everyone. Here are some pics from the trip: (didn't feel like putting them in any kind of order)


























On our way home we drove through Zions (my camera died-just got video) and stopped in Las Vegas to visit our good friends. Even though it wasn't very smooth with Gabe throwing up and not sleeping, we had such a great time seeing you guys! Thanks for everything guys! ( the only pic I got-it's about accurate with Gabe)

6 comments:

Judy said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. What a fun place to play!

Katrina said...

I want to go to Powell! That looks like so much fun. I gotta get a trip down there sometime.

The Letterman's said...

Is that Brandon diving off that cliff? I think pink works for Adam more than me. Nice photos, I didn't have my camera when we jumped, email some to me if you will. Thanks-Rob

KBPatterson said...

As I told you I am loving your photos! I am quite impressed with your and Adam's wake boarding skills. I love the pic of Gabe with Greta. Our jumping pics are killer and who doesn't love the goofy group pic on top of sand mountain. Even with Ty's true blue nose picking going on.

Weiss said...

I am jealous!! wish we could have been there looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Ah I'm jealous! That looks like so much fun! I was just thinking about Powell and our fantastic trips there (also because I was looking at old pics and found a ton of Lake Powell pics. We were kind of weird... ha-Remember the Powell song we made up in the middle of the night?! Good times...