Friday, April 23, 2010

ALLERGIES!!!

When I was growing up, I had allergies pretty bad. I had more than a few times that my eyes would swell up. Crazy itchy eyes that watered, scratchy throat, and of course sneezing. I've tried about every allergy medicine out there. For some reason even the non-drowsy ones still made me pass out. I would only take pills when I was desperate, cause I hated the result they had on me. Even when we go home to visit, I bring pills with me cause it hits me if I'm there at the right time.

When we moved here it was one of things I loved-No allergies! Honestly, I'm still not even sure what it is that I'm allergic to, but it's isn't as intense here. I think grass and hay, pollen? Who knows. Anyway with it being so dry here there isn't as much here. I had a few people tell me, you just wait give it a few years and they'll come back. That seemed silly to me. Well their theory was proven right this year. I'm dying! ha. I think this year we've had such a wet winter, it even snowed this week. (ruining the flowers we just planted by the way-GGRRRR) I think it isn't as dry as it's supposed to be, thus giving me allergies. Have you ever had a runny nose that won't stop dripping? Imagine that kind of thing with your eye. I have one eye, not sure why just one does it, that won't stop watering. I look like I'm crying all day long. I hate it. I'm constantly wiping it, and it is now sore from having to do that for the last week. I sneeze all day long. Gabe thinks it's great fun, I hate it. The other eye that doesn't water starts getting itchy as soon as I try to sleep-weird I know, but that's when it decides to participate.

Well I know the drill, I even know which pills I prefer, and it wouldn't be a big deal if I wasn't pregnant. I did get a list from my doctor of approved medicine for pregnant women, including allergy medicines. Actifed, the one that I like is even on there. I don't know any details of how often I can take it, and how much though. So I decided to stick it out until my appointment on Tuesday so I can ask her in person. Even with pills, being pregnant I don't need another reason to make me drowsy or tired. BLAH! Everything that goes wrong with your body seems so much more inconvenient when pregnant. Anyway I just thought I'd vent, and let any of you know who see me, chances are I'm not crying.( I am still pregnant, so it could be tears. HA, I'm willing to bet it isn't though)

6 comments:

Judy said...

I'm so sorry to hear your allergies are getting nasty again. I've only had one day of drippy allergeies (still have the itchy eyes) and I hate it. Do I need to come and take care of you for a while?

AdaMandy said...

Ha I might need you to if I'm passed out on the floor from allergy medicine. Someone might need to take care of the child I have. :)

Grandma Krissy said...

Gee...I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time. Grandma Mac and Bobby can sure sympathize with you. Grandma can't visit nevada without her eyes swelling almost shut!....love you

Katrina said...

I am the SAME way!!! I havent taken any medication yet, because I have been hoping it would just blow over. But seriously, Its been horrendous! It seems like its a matter of minutes after I walk into my classroom that they start up every morning. Then, at night, I sneeze nearly 10 times before I can be done for the day. Its horrible. I suppose its time to just buck up and get some medicine.

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

I'm sorry you are dealing with Allergies, I too have them pretty bad right now. Its funny how sometimes it skips seasons. I go every other year or two years without them. I hope you get better quickly- Hope the pregnancy is going good.. Can't wait to hear what you are having!!!

Danni said...

Allergies are the worst! Eric & I suffer pretty hardcore down here. It's usually worst for me on days that I work and I go into a room with a pet that has been rolling around outside, then its itchy eyes, runny nose and sneezing...lots and lots of sneezing. Granted I don't have the pregnancy thing to add to it, I truly feel for you! I hope you start feeling better!