Sunday, April 25, 2010

Phhhhew.....

That's me blowing out a sigh of relief that my week is over with. Have you ever had to lecture people twice your age, who are grandparents and parents.....on how to teach and discipline kids? I have. Doesn't that seem ironic? Is that the right word for it? I just got done with a primary teacher training.One of my biggest pet peeves (and Adam's) Is people not taking me seriously cause I am young, and look even younger. This however, is truly an area I do feel young and inadequate. Luckily my teachers are wonderful loving people, who I think are very supportive of our young primary presidency. There are a few that tend to intimidate me and sometimes have attitudes that irritate me. I try not to be that way, but I am. I kinda understand how it would be for them though. It's like someone who has no kids lecturing you about raising kids when you have five of your own. Either way, it's always an interesting situation, and honestly I don't look forward to them. We are supposed to have them quarterly. Right now we are just trying to accomplish three a year. It's one of the responsibilities that i have assigned to me. (my counselors have other, just as strenuous tasks to do elsewhere) BUT I'M DONE with one of those trainings today. And it's so nice to be done. I do have time now to work on my partly finished primary program, with sharing time to teach in May as well. So It'll prove to be pretty busy month, but I hope to get a lot accomplished.

On a more positive note, I couldn't be more excited about this next week. Monday I have an awesome buddy taking me to do one of my favorite things.... eat SUSHI, of course. :) Don't worry people I don't eat the raw stuff while prego. I eat shrimp, cream cheese, avocado, etc. Sounds healthy right? Ha, but oh so yummy. Then Tuesday morning I get to weigh in with a pound of food still in my guts. HA! We find out what we are having, and we are both just thrilled it is finally here. I think it'll help us prepare for our future, and that's a nice thing for me. I'll be happy we can start telling Gabe she's gonna have a little ____________ (brother or sister) , instead of just saying baby. Thanks for all of you who participated in our blog voting, it's fun to see what people think. I'll try to blog about our results as soon as I can that day,and probably send out a massive text as well. (With a few phone calls to parents)
I get to hopefully work in my yard and get my garden going. I have worked really hard in our side yard to get it ready, it'll be so nice to feel like it's ready to go. Then my b-day rolls around in the end of the week, and we get to go out for it. I think it'll be a nice ending to a hopefully awesome week. Now if the weather decides it doesn't want to snow like last week, even though I heard it's supposed to, I'll be happy. A nice happy week after a stressful one, is sounding like what I need right now. (no more trainings-and no more allergies would be nice too)

5 comments:

Danni said...

wow, I would HATE being in charge of the trainings! Way to go! It sounds like you're going to have a busy, but awesome week! We can't wait to hear what yall are having, we are soooo excited! Enjoy the sushi & don't look at the number on the scale. (That part was always torture to me, haha)

KBPatterson said...

Yea for happy weeks! It's like a fun bday week. I'm sure you did great at your teacher training, but I agree that it doesn't sound fun. How fun to go out for a girls sushi night. (Even though we both know it doesn't sound too appealing to me. Ha). I can't wait to find out what you guys are having. You'll have to text us the second your appointment is over. I wish I had a yard and garden to work in! Fun, Fun, Fun!

Judy said...

Those training meetings are crazy scary sometimes. I know you are totally competent! I too am so very excited to hear if you are are having a brother or sister for Gabe- Got to start planning the bedding!

Emily Rasmussen said...

From what I hear you did great! You are very professional and you don't come across like an air head or anything. I think it would be easy to take you seriously. But hay we are probably like the same age - so what do I know right?!?!?! :O)

Katrina said...

I never look at the scale either... eek! Sure wish I had a friend to take me to get sushi... maybe Steve would like it better all cooked up. Then again Crapville, aka Pocatello, doesnt have a Sushi place. Guess what we'll need to do when we're in Utah for the wedding... :)