Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Life with Gabrielle

-Gabe has always loved to help out. Sometimes it makes things harder and slower when she does. I try to let her help whenever I can, but every once in a while I tell her I'm just going to do it. Her latest response to that is, "But I'm a big sister. I help people. Momma you're supposed to help people." I end up letting her help.

-Gabe is extremely bossy right now. She loves to tell people what to do. I was trying to explain that I am the Mommy and Adam is the Daddy and we know what's best for her and how to help her, and that's why we get to tell her what to do. She goes, "Okay when I'm a Mommy and you're a Gabe I get to tell you what to do." Yep that works for me.

-Gabe is into singing right now. She'll say, "Mommy let's sing the cereal song." (When we're eating cereal) She kinda assumes there is a song for everything you do. So we make up a lot of songs. We do use the primary song "Fun to do" a lot. Let's sing, the barbie, pony, dishes, snow, vacuuming, bath song. The best is when she makes up her own. :)

-The other day I was helping her do something at the same time telling her that when we were done she needed to go clean her room. She now can open our slider door and likes to let Greta in and out. So while I was in the middle of lecturing her about a clean room she goes, "Ah! What's that noise?"
"I don't hear anything." I had no idea what she meant.
She says, "Gabe I need your help come let me in." (as she does this deep voice)
She then tells me, "Momma I gotta let Greta in she needs me." Little turkey, she was trying to get out of listening to my let's clean our rooms lecture. I guess Greta now yells for us when she needs in from outside. :)

-When she doesn't want to do something you tell her to do she says, "Okay maybe later." When you tell her no or she doesn't like hearing something she does this exaggerated exhale grunt. It's pretty funny, cause she is trying to make her point she isn't happy with what you told her.

-Gabe has become some what of a nudest lately. Yep, it's one of those thing you see other kids doing, and hope that your kid never goes through that phase. Well it seems like as soon as you think that, your kid goes through it. And here we are. She still can't take off most of her clothes by herself, thank goodness. (I'm really not one of those moms that doesn't mind their kids running around half naked all day) She can take off her zipped up pajamas and that's when she does it. Or after she takes a bath it's hard to get her into clothes, she wants to stay naked. This all has had us having discussions, and FHE lessons on our bodies and modestly. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Katrina said...

she is a stinking hoot!
i'm glad greta is letting her know when she needs in. :)
i make up a lot of songs too with A. we sing bath songs, and cereal songs, and get dressed songs. how fun. (i'm still praying we can move there...)

Grandma Krissy said...

Life with Gabe is never dull!!! What a great mind! I love it!

Judy said...

She just makes me laugh and laugh. I wonder if it would be as funny from your side. She is a deep thinker.

KBPatterson said...

How funny! I love that she used Greta speaking to her to get out of a lecture. That made me crack up. I love that she has a song for everything too. Cute! At least she can't get her normal day clothes off by herself yet... Ha.