When shopping for the kids, I didn't see a point to get them little stuffed animals that held hearts that they would never play with. Blame it on living on a budget. I didn't want to spend money on something they'd like for two seconds. So we did get them each a little small cheap gift of an actual toy they'd like. We did get some V-day candy to go with it though. They both were happy with the results. We spent the day telling each other what we loved about one another. (Since they can't read heart filled cards) That evening we had some take out, and hung out as a family. When the kids went to bed, Adam and I skipped our workout and cuddled to watch a show. (munching on the kid's candy the whole time) That's my kind of V-day. I hope everyone else had a nice love day!
Giggling * Camping * Diapers * Taking Pictures* ABC's * Blogging * Running* Movies* Reading * Mountain Biking * Playing Cars * Swinging * Cooking * Coloring * Hiking * Ponies * Cleaning * Meetings * Counting * Dancing * Singing *Geocaching * Golfing * Kite Flying *
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Valentines Day
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it's not my favorite holiday. I did however, have a lot of fun this year with the kids. We went to store and Gabe noticed the Valentines they have, so we got her some this year to send to some friends and family. She enjoyed choosing out who would have which Valentine. She then painted pictures for people from her too. We then shipped them off. She loved hearing back that people got them. Then Monday morning I made some heart waffles for everyone. Gabe was mad I cut hers up to eat, she loved that it was in the shape of a heart. Isn't it so nice to have young easy to please kids? Afterwards, we had the kids open the little gifts that we got for them. That was always my favorite things growing up, coming home from school and opening up the gift bag full of goodies that my parents had given me with the nice card full of nice things they loved just about me. So we did it for our kids.
When shopping for the kids, I didn't see a point to get them little stuffed animals that held hearts that they would never play with. Blame it on living on a budget. I didn't want to spend money on something they'd like for two seconds. So we did get them each a little small cheap gift of an actual toy they'd like. We did get some V-day candy to go with it though. They both were happy with the results. We spent the day telling each other what we loved about one another. (Since they can't read heart filled cards) That evening we had some take out, and hung out as a family. When the kids went to bed, Adam and I skipped our workout and cuddled to watch a show. (munching on the kid's candy the whole time) That's my kind of V-day. I hope everyone else had a nice love day!



When shopping for the kids, I didn't see a point to get them little stuffed animals that held hearts that they would never play with. Blame it on living on a budget. I didn't want to spend money on something they'd like for two seconds. So we did get them each a little small cheap gift of an actual toy they'd like. We did get some V-day candy to go with it though. They both were happy with the results. We spent the day telling each other what we loved about one another. (Since they can't read heart filled cards) That evening we had some take out, and hung out as a family. When the kids went to bed, Adam and I skipped our workout and cuddled to watch a show. (munching on the kid's candy the whole time) That's my kind of V-day. I hope everyone else had a nice love day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are so good at celebrating the holidays. I hope you can keep it up through the years so your littles can have great memories too. And thanks to Gabe for the Valentines. We have her picture hanging on the fridge!
how fun. Gabe's picture will be on our fridge too, as soon as I get it there. I hope she liked the card we sent.
Tell Gabe thank you for all of us. The kids were thrilled to get her valentines in the mail. I agree with you about the vday stuffed animals. We try to get our kids something cheap that they'll actually like and play with too. I love Gabes froggie pj's. And I am so impressed with you waffles. They are too pretty to eat.
Post a Comment