Friday, August 24, 2012

PRESCHOOL

Gabe started Preschool this week. Monday was an orientation day where she got to meet the other kids and the teachers, and I got to have a meeting with her teacher to go over everything they do, tuition etc. Wednesday was her first official day of school. Now I really didn't take pictures the first day, cause it was pouring rain and we were in a rush to get there in time, cause we had to truck-it through the rain. So we did a "pretend" first day of school the next day when the sky was clear. She kept telling me she didn't have school that day. :0)

I know that Preschool isn't a big deal to people, but it was kinda a huge deal to me. It was also really hard for us to decide where to send her. This one is down the street from us and came highly recommended. They focus on just academics. We came across another one a week before she was to start that had dance classes mixed in. She's been begging for dance classes. Since we have one car, this Preschool was the one we chose, so I can walk her there. Plus we decided that even though it is just preschool, we want her focused on academics and to keep her other stuff separate from school. I grew up and had reading issues, and had to go to special classes the first few years of elementary school. So even though it might not seem like a big deal to some, I wouldn't wish it on any of my kids. It was embarrassing being singled out cause I couldn't read well. So even though most people worry their kid will just be bored in Kindergarten when they go cause it's a repeat of preschool, I'm all about having the kid that is a little ahead than a little behind. 

Anyway, with all that said, Gabe LOVES school. She asks every day when she can go again. She has a little boy in her class named Gabriel who goes by Gabe, so I told her she gets to go by Gabrielle. That is if her teacher can finally get it right. Gabe was fine with that until she realized at school he was called Gabe. Now she's a little bummed she isn't called Gabe at school. Oh well. With our luck this kid will probably be in her class the rest of her school career. :) The only part she tells me she is shy about is singing time, cause she doesn't know the songs and some of the other kids do. (Some went to the 3 year old preschool) 

The only tricky thing we have run into is her getting a Urinary Track infection right as this was starting.  She's supposed to be completely potty trained to go there. I had to call her teacher and let her know she might need to go to the bathroom more often than normal and could have an accident. I hope for her sake she doesn't, cause I don't want her embarrassed. BUT I get to send an extra pair of pants and panties in her backpack with her. Poor girl. I feel bad we had no idea she had it, and I finally asked her doctor about it. We were so frustrated with her and even yelled and punished her for peeing in her pants. I'm glad we got it figured out. She never complained about it hurting either. Here's to hoping it clears up soon. 

The house is crazy quiet with her gone. Ollie doesn't quite know what to do with himself. We are so excited for her to do this and make friends and learn. I think next year I'll be a mess, cause I was a mess for just preschool. Ha! 
Before Monday her teacher came for a home visit to introduce herself. She dropped off a picture for Gabe to color to help decorate their walls. She also got a name tag to wear the first day. In her picture she drew her family + Nana + her new teacher. Nana is the green one on the left by red Daddy. The teacher has the purple face, and I'm the short one on the right holding her hand. Then the boys are there too. Cute girl. 
 
 
She is VERY proud of her backpack. It's even this miniature one that is smaller than normal sized ones, and it's still huge on her. She doesn't carry much in it, but she loves it and feels important with it. 
 
 
I was gonna make a cute fancier sign, but I didn't have ink or a cute board. So I wrote it on a regular paper. Oh well it's a fun picture to have. You just all get to interpret my handwriting. She has said she wants to be a doctor for a while now. Everyone once in a while she changes to a animal doctor, but goes back to a person doctor. When I asked for the picture she told me to add Mom onto the end. She wants to be a doctor and a mom. 
 
 
Love her skinny jeans? They are still too big on our very skinny girl. She loves her flats though. 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Judy said...

Holy cow she looks so grown up! I am so glad she is excited to go and isn't afraid of something new and away from her family. She'll make a wonderful doctor-mom if that is really what she wants down the road! And thanks for including me in the picture , that makes me fell super special.

Grandma Krissy said...

I am glad that Gabe is getting a head start with reading etc...Sorry that you felt so bad with your reading when you were little.....You do wonderful now and are way ahead of the game with most!!!

Katrina said...

Such a cute big girl!