Tuesday, November 27, 2012

5 Months Old

Okay I know that this post is late, but it's been a little busy around here. I got it up though, so here we go. It is really weird to me that Milo is already five months. I think I say that every month, but it's super true. He is doing so many things so fast, I can't keep up it seems. I feel like I'm always rushing for a camera to take a picture or film so I can capture those little milestones, or moments. I try, I really do. I think that I would just talk to him, and take pictures of him all day if I could. He just smiles and talks, and it's just so flippin cute. We all love it around here. He keeps us sane on some crazy days. So glad he's here apart of us. Love you buddy!
*Well he rolls over like a champ. It's when he wants to though. When he first started getting good at it, he'd freak out a little when he realized he was on his tummy, and not sure how he got there. Some days he doesn't want to, and some days he's back and forth and back and forth. All night long he's constantly turning. Sometimes he gets stuck, and gets super frustrated that he can't come back over. Oh I love when that phase is over, cause he wakes up when he should be sleeping. Oh well he'll get it soon enough. It's hard getting stuck up against the wall. 

*He is in the arching phase. You know that phase right before they learn to sit up on their own, that they just arch whenever they sit. He's there. Meaning the bumbo is not an option anymore. :( He actually is getting some what balanced and sturdy with sitting, but then he arches. He sometimes does it when holding him too. 

*He now pushes his binky part way out of his mouth, then sucks it in really fast. He thinks it's fun. He also recognizes what it is, so when you go to put it in, his mouth is open and ready. Also if he sees it, he tries really hard to get it in his mouth. 

*He reaches and grabs everything, and then into his mouth it always goes. There are a few times I've heard Ollie trying to share his cars with him, tell him no cause Milo put it in his mouth. 
*He is the most distracted eater. It's really hard to feed him at church and other public places now. He doesn't want the blanket over him, he wants to see what's making noise. I also have to kick the kids out of his room when I feed him, cause otherwise he just want to watch them and he won't eat. 

*So far he's a side sleeper. Gabe still snores away on her back mostly, Ollie mostly tummy, so far Milo rolls right to his side. My others were different, so I love that he does his own things in his own ways. 

 *He is SOOO ticklish. Now he laughs, not just little giggles, when being changed. Having his socks put on and off now makes him squirm. 
 *He weighs 17 pounds right now. I didn't have a milestone check up, but a sickness appointment this month with him. It hurts my back at the end of the day if I've hauled him around a bunch. Which is more and more common, cause he doesn't want to be put down. 
*He has had a cold then an eye infection. I called about the eye infection and they told me to put breast milk in it, which I did and it got better for a few days. I called again, and they gave me drops to try for a week. Then the day before Thanksgiving I took him to a night clinic, cause he was struggling, and I suspected an ear infection. Gabe had a million of them, so that's why I recognized it. I waiting for two hours to see a doctor, and then had to go to a 24 hour pharmacy to get meds at almost midnight. Fun times. Some old lady gave me grief for having my baby out late. I wanted to smack her. I was standing in a pharmacy line, obviously something was needed. So now he is on meds and seems to be getting better. We struggle getting his meds in him. He spits it all out. We've tried it all. Oh well, it's getting in him cause his pee smells like his meds now. Gotta love antibiotics. 

*He does not sleep well. In his defense, he has been battling things a while. I don't make my babies scream it out when sick. That's mean. So he's regressed in his awesome sleeping, and I feel like he's a newborn again. Yes I'm up that much. Once he's better, I get to correct his bad habits. I don't look forward to that, but I do look forward to more sleep. Add in not sleeping well, Ollie wakes a few times a night, and Gabe occasionally, and you've got a couple of tired parents. :)
*He is still this crazy drooler

*He does this little squawk scream when he's upset. If he's been crying and you pick him up, he makes sure that he screams (not cries) a few times to get his point across. It's super cute. Ha!

*He is mesmerized by the tv, books, and the kids. He is always to fascinated to look at any of those. 

*He tried rice cereal this month, and a few other foods. We took him back off them, cause he's having stomach issues. We did find out it's not from the cereals, cause it's still happening. We think it's from me and dairy. He's the only kid I've had to really watch what goes in me. I read that the first six months their intestines are still developing so that's why they are super sensitive. So I'm gonna limit dairy for a about a month and see if it helps. The last few days it has seemed too. It says usually after six months you can reintroduce foods to your diets and theirs. Whenever I talk to his doctor about his stomach issues, which he's had since day one, she blows me off a little. It's a little frustrating. So if they continue I might take him somewhere else. She doesn't even consult with me about diet, she just says something about his stomach feels good. I don't think it's something extreme, but she still needs to counsel me a little I think. Lame doctor. 
 
 
 
I don't think I could ever take enough sleeping pictures, they are so precious
 
 
 
 Love that it's cold enough we get to put him in hats when we go on evening outings. He looks so cute in them.
 
*He loves to be bounced or "thrown" up in the air. 
 
*Some of the nicknames he's inherited: Mi, Mi-guy, Little buddy, Lo, Mister, Spits, Baby 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We love this little guy of ours

1 comment:

Katrina said...

He is such a cutie. Ainslee loved looking at all the pics. He's getting so big. Wow, 5 months. Time sure is flying!