Saturday, November 10, 2012

Operation Hawaii

Seriously, do you know how hard it is to loose weight during the holidays and when moving? It's a tad tricky I am finding. The good news is, my weight lose is still happening. Just a little more slowly than I would like. :) Exercising not a problem for me, eating right I struggle with. With the move my motivation has gone, and I go for the easy fix. Plus with all the blasted Halloween candy in the house, I find myself wanting to eat junk. Bleh! Ha. Well after a month of hard work I lost quiet a bit, I was so proud. GO me! Then we moved and I didn't really work out for two weeks, and ate whatever was easily accessible.

This week I'm back up on that horse. So here we go I'm all sorts of motivated. Plus I made myself take another set of progress pictures, which will NEVER be shown to anyone else. I don't even like looking at them, and it got me pumped up again. I'm not going to list stats either, cause I don't care to share that either, I'm not really into broadcasting those, even if they are showing good progress.

Now if I can just stay away from my kid's candy stash, I'll be set. I did drop soda, although when I'm not pregnant I'm pretty good at going cold turkey with that. I do drink lots of water instead. I have started to watch my portions, and eat smaller healthier things throughout the day. I don't count calories, cause I'm breastfeeding. Plus I don't want to diet, I just want to change my eating habits. So once Hawaii is over, I won't just gain weight back, I'll just continue on in my healthier ways. Hopefully. Cross your fingers.

ANWAY, what I'm getting at is that I have decided that my family needs to eat healthier as well. My kids and my husband. Although lately, we could do worse. I am getting better at juggling things and have started to make meals again for dinner. I'm trying to get my kids into more healthier snack options. Gabe is easy to reason with, Ollie not so much. He just wants crackers, but hey it's not candy he's asking for. Weekends are our yummy/slurge food time. We have a meal out, or dessert on friday nights. It's all a work in progress, fixing one little thing at a time I've learned. If I try to do it all at once, it doesn't work for anyone. I'll probably never be that mom that makes my own baby food, or goes organic. Not right now in my life, but I figure if I'm the example for my kiddos. I'm the one teaching them eating habits and about taking care of themselves, then I had better shape up. Or slim down however you wanna look at it. :) Anyway, after reading this over I'm still curious at to why I felt I wanted to do a post about this. I guess I wanted to be able to look back on my progress and reassess a bit. So thanks for putting up with my scattered thoughts and ramblings.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Sometimes writing it down helps you feel more committed when everyone you care about knows you are making the effort to do better. I am with you an the difficulties in schedule interruptions. Two trips and and the holidays are really sabotaging my efforts. But the goal is 3 more by the end of the year. Hope I can stay focused with all the Christmas candy in creation currently!