The Weiss side had a "reunion" trip down in Lake Powell this year. They just chose a week and told everyone this is when we are going if any of you want to come down. We aren't able at this time in our lives to miss work for a full week. We just took off Friday after Adam worked a half day and got some work done. The only other siblings that were able to make it down was Kami and Heidi's families. I missed others not being there, but I had a blast with my sisters. They all headed down earlier in the week.
When packing I couldn't get Milo out of our suitcases. He thought it was great. When I put stuff into pack, he would pull everything out. Stinker.
When you get to Powell it's so warm you just want to get in the water right away. Since it's only two hours away for us, I had the kids put on their swim suits so we wouldn't have to change them in a hot tent. I told Gabe to put her clothes over her swimsuit. She got a little mixed up.
Ready to say a prayer before we go.
Hanging out with everyone when we got there. We arrived when they were all wanting to go to the dam, so we jumped in the car, grabbed some popsicles, and joined in.
Ollie was still getting over his cold when we went down. He was the last of us to get it. So he was still tired and kinda grumpy most of the trip, poor guy. The last day he was finally happy, and we went home. He did occasionally like playing in the sand, and fishing. He had no desire to play much in the water or be very social for that matter. Gabe on the other hand LOVED the water. She was a fish, and loved playing with her grandparents and cousins.
Dysen and Ty helped/let Gabe catch a fish on one of their poles after she asked for some help. It was cute, she was so excited.






1 comment:
i totally read the posts backwards-- but whatever. what a fun trip. love it. love all the cousin time, and how nice that its only 2 hours! now you guys buy a boat and we'll come visit too. :)
Post a Comment