Friday, July 5, 2013

Learning to Walk

Milo continually surprises us when it comes to reaching his milestones. I think because he is so independent. He really doesn't love receiving help with much of what he learns, cause he wants to do everything himself. It was the same with rolling over and crawling. He is the same way when learning to drink from a sippy or use a spoon. Gabe took her sweet time learning just like Gabe takes her time with everything. Ollie started running leaving us in the dust and stubbornly refused to slow down, just like Ollie. When Ollie gets it in his mind he doesn't let it go of the idea until he's done it. Milo decides that he wants to try something, and HE teaches himself how. So funny how different they all are. 

So if we try to get him to walk to and from us, or walk with him he refuses. Then he'll turn around and walk from the couch to something else right in front of us. It's amazing. It's almost like he does it to prove to us that he can on his own. Ha! So I haven't been able to get any fun pics of him learning to walk, cause he doesn't do it on command. The other day we finally got him to walk back and forth between us. 

So he isn't officially walking, unless he decides he wants to walk to something instead of crawl, but he is doing it more and more. He is just realizing he finds joy in it. Cute boy. 
He's gotta do it with his tongue out and a smile on his face. 
Gabe consoling him after he ate it.

3 comments:

Travis Laurel said...

Tongue out with a big smile. I love it! So adorable!!

Judy said...

Maybe the tongue out helps him concentrate - Lots of people do that! He is growing up, walking etc. I haven't spent near enough time for him to get to know me. I hope with some income we can make the trip a few more times.

Katrina said...

I love those faces.
He's not supposed to be so big yet!