It's nice having Gabe and Milo's birthdays fairly close to each other so we can take them in at the same time for their annual wellness check-ups. Well, technically Milo's is his 12 month, but it'll be his yearly one soon enough.
Gabe got an eye exam which is required for Kindergarten. So it was nice to get it done with. I was a little surprised that she couldn't see further down than she claimed she could. She wasn't confused by it at all, she got how to tell which way the little E faces. I guess time will tell. She had 20/30 according to her doc. So not the ideal 20/20, but good enough that she wouldn't have to go see an eye doctor. The doc gave her some other tasks like following directions, balancing, asked some shapes and colors, etc. She passed those with flying colors. They of course weighed her and measured her height. She weighs a whopping 32 pounds, which has actually gone down since the last time she was weighed. It puts her in the 5th percentile. She was 40 inches tall, making her pretty much itsy bitsy. Nothing we didn't know. She's in the 10th percentile for her height. She once again got described as petite. I think that'll most likely be our petite Gabe her whole life. :)
Milo got put in the "little" category as well. Which is funny, cause last time I came I got lectured about his weight and him not weighing enough. This time I think cause I had Gabe with me as well, she just figured it "runs in our family" as she said. If I had brought Ollie she might have lectured me again. He weighed in at 20 pounds putting him the 9th percentile for his weight. It dropped a bunch since last time, which is funny cause he eats everything in sight. We feel like since he has finally felt decent, he just wants to eat and eat to make up for lost time of not eating well being sick. She said his appetite will go up and down a lot right now. He was 30 inches long putting him in the 78th percentile for his height. His head still measured big at 19 inches in the 94th percentile. He has this nasty cold right now, that we pray won't go into another ear infection. Look like our summer break won't take a break from being sick. With the flu and a cold I feel bad for our little man. He still just gets one thing after another. The doc did check his ear in case and they looked great. So far. We'll see how it goes in a few weeks.
So it looks like little kids are doing well, growing well, so far just dandy.
2 comments:
I have heard of lots of people who were sickly as children just seem to grow out of it. Let's pray that happens for Milo. He is so active when he feels well, you wouldn't know he tended to be sick so often
I have a petite girl too, and she also eats everything. Both my girls do. We'll see how Ev measures in today.
At least you know they are healthy. (Well, mostly for M)
Post a Comment