I told Adam at the beginning of the year that I wanted to be able to be a mom that helps out in the classroom as much as I can around holidays and for field trips and such. With him being his own boss, that's something we can do if we know enough in advance. I'm not at a stage where I could ever be a room mother or volunteer weekly, but I'd like to do that eventually. I think it's good to be involved. ANYWAY the room mother who signed up happens to be Briana's mom named Brittney. (Gabe's good buddy) The teacher let Brittney know like the day before they finally decided they did want to do a party. Brittney panicked a little being such late notice and debated about doing it all solo not wanting to ask for stuff from people last minute. Since she knew me best she didn't feel as bad asking if I could come help and she had all the stations already planned. Usually she'd have other moms plan some stations to rotate the kids around on. ANYWAY-so I got to go man a station and just help. It was fun being there and seeing and meeting kids Gabe talks about. Gabe liked having me there too.
So while I helped out, Adam took the boys to the park, and came back shortly later to watch Gabe in her costume parade.
After the classes had their parties, they came together to make a witch's brew. The witch that was someone's mom, did amazing. She was so good, she cracked the adults up. She did make a few kids cry thinking she was real though. ;) Some kids wouldn't drink her brew when it was done.
Gabe watching the brew
Briana and Gabe. The are best friends they say, it's cute. And they are both itsy bitsy, so it's even cuter.
Lining up for the parade by her buddies.
Afton and Gabe
After school the kids and I made caramel apples and chocolate covered pretzels. I'm thinking it could become a tradition. We like to make them and until it's time to trick or treat, the kids feel like they sit around forever. I told them to take their costumes off and they ended up in other dress up clothes.
Our Jake and the Neverland Pirates. It's a cute little Disney tv show that our kids love. With Ollie being obsessed with pirates it wasn't even a question he wanted to be Jake. Love love love his wig by the way. Gabe then was inspired to be Izzy, cause she loves the show too. I promise it had no influence this year from me. I like themed costumes, but it was all them to my delight.
I'm all about buying costumes when I can. I figured I might as well have Milo be Cubby, the third pirate character on the show. They don't make Cubby costumes, cause he's kinda like the sidekick, and all the boys want to be Jake. So I made his costume. Good thing he isn't young enough to care. We even got him used to his bandana so he'd keep it on. It was cute to hear while trick or treating all the other kids or parents with young kids say, "Look, Jake and the Neverland Pirates." It made Gabe happy.
At the begging each episode they go on adventure and Jake says, "I got my sword." or "Yo Ho let's go!" So Ollie could be heard saying those phrases.
Izzy says, "I've got my pixie dust." (around her neck in the pouch) so Gabe kept saying that and "Yay Hey no way!" In the show Cubby says, "I've got my map," and "Ah coconuts!" So Gabe and Ollie would say that for Milo or they'd say, "Cubby get your map."
So stinkin cute I tell you!
He was a happy Cubby, and loved the map Ollie so nicely leant him
Ready to trick or treat
We went to Roberts Ranch again this year. We went early enough it was still festive and nice, but when we were about done it got crazy. To the point you'd have to wait in line to get a candy. I think we'll go somewhere different next year.
This house was worth it for our pirate kids. They had a pirate theme, with planks to walk on, and pirate decor. It was so fun.
And we always love the huge spider house.
We let Milo walk and do his own thing in the beginning. He could care less about the candy, he just wanted to touch everyone's pumpkins. He's kinda obsessed with them and freaks out when he sees them. After a few minutes he just wanted in the stroller.
I love when they are cute and helpful to each other. They held hands while they walked.
Later Aunt Michele and her friend Ruth caught up with us to trick or treat on some other streets. My kids loved the concept of actually knocking on someone's door. They were down for a band competition at Dixie, so we were so happy they got to hang out.
Milo found out that Michele is a great sharer when it comes to hot chocolate, so he cozied up to her fast.
We let the kids play a Halloween game with them before we sent them off to bed. It was a wonderfully busy holiday.












2 comments:
Wow...that mom witch looks amazing! I don't know if I would drink the brew or not either...ha ha...Oh and by the way...caramel apples are my FAVORITE!!! Yummy!!!
It really sounds like a fun Halloween. Their costumes are really great and I love that they wanted to match. Michele came home saying she had fun just hanging out with the family.
Post a Comment