Wednesday, October 30, 2013

13 Days of Halloween - Day 13 - Black Cat Day

Phew last day of the count down. It's a bitter sweet feeling. I did enjoy days with just my kids better, cause they were way less hectic. (plus I think my kids were easier to please cause I know them better) BUT I did like having something to entertain the Wadsworth kids with, especially having them twice a week right now. 
Today was black cat day. I always do this scavenger hunt with these black cat clues. I decided to paint cat faces and do a craft too. 
Milo wanted his face done, until I started and then he didn't. SO…this was it. 
This is a horrible demon looking cat. I KNOW THIS. Ha! But Gabe and Afton kinda expect some attempt, so I try. I could have planned better and done something actually cute, but they were content with my laziness. 
After we read a Splat the Cat Halloween book and watched a Garfield halloween show. Not a black cat, but it worked. 
They wanted cat faces too, and Gabe insisted on a purple nose with glitter whiskers. 
I also gave the kids left over "blood" to drink and fangs from vampire day, so they were crazy cats. Who knew playing around the house as cats would keep them so entertained for so long? It did and I was grateful. 
Some pipe cleaner cats. 
This was Callen chillin in the craziness. He is a doll. 
They loved this scavenger hunt. LOVED it. I had them all over the house with the cutest rhyming clues. (I add that cause I was so proud of myself and my rhymes) The hunt even made them take a break to eat some of our left over pumpkin cookies.  Addilyn was wonderful making sure they took turns, and helping everyone read the clues. Their goodies ended up in our dryer to find.
Finding a clues in the pumpkin
97 cent coloring books + crayons and a sticker page. Not bad eh?
Hurray they loved it! What a nice ending to a crazy 13 days of fun. 

2 comments:

Travis Laurel said...

I want you to make me a rhyming hunt. that sounds like SO much fun!! I suck at rhymes. I don't think I could pull something off like that. Good job!!

Grandma Krissy said...

Such fun times at your house!!! Love the cat faces...especially Milos!