We LOVE haunted house day. It's probably Gabe's favorite. Honestly it's probably all of our favorite. She remembers the most about it from last year. Mainly just the spooky dinner meal we have on this day. We read some books, and do some simple stuff in the day, but our big fun stuff is that evening. This year we kicked it up a notch and sent out paper messages to each of us to come dressed as halloween characters. Daddy was Dracula, Ollie was a Scary Skeleton, Gabe was Wanda the Witch, Milo was a Ghouly Ghost, and Mommy was a Werewolf.
He actually kept this on for a while and thought it was funny to walk around in. Until we took pics, then he wanted it off.
We decorate to make it spooky, and turn off the lights to eat by candle light. Then we turn on spooky music. It also gives me an excuse to make spooky halloween meals I see on Pinterest. :)
Our meal was spaghetti and garlic bread, but it was supposed to look like we were eating a human. Gabe said it was the grossest meal she's ever eaten. ;0)
We made home made root beer. I didn't realize it's got to sit a while, so I will be better next year. This time it was more of a dessert, and we had green Witch's potion to drink instead. It got kinda messy so we moved it to the sink.
The whole gang decked out. And yes I plan to make my kids do this as they get older too as long as they want to.
Our napkins were rolled up in vampire teeth. I took them away later to use for our vampire day.
My "costume" was the least decked out, but I was running around like mad, so I think that makes it ok.
Gabe loves our floating eyes we got last year that act as ice.
Milo really didn't care what was going on, he was just hungry.
Our dessert was jello worms I made from straws. They looked pretty real. Those also needed more time to cool in the fridge, but they worked out ok.















1 comment:
Now that grossest meal is truly awesome!!! I love it....the whole thing!
Post a Comment