Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Around the House

Nothing too new around the home front. Just the same old stuff. Still watching the kids twice a week until November. It has been ok so far. Gabe actually likes Wednesdays better cause she gets to play with Addilynn. On Mondays Gabe goes to dance right as Addie is getting off the bus from school so they miss each other. (She still loves dance so it works out okay) Embrie and Ollie will cross paths a lot in life. Same primary class next year, she turns 3 in December. They'll be in the same grade, etc. It's kinda fun cause they play pretty good together. She has a rep of being feisty, and it's super true. She reminds me of a girl version of two year old Ollie.  Our little man has grown up a lot. She is super stubborn, and if I didn't experience a stubborn Ollie I'd probably struggle more with her. I think with Ollie you just had to learn how to word things. She's the same way. She tests her boundaries a lot and I can see how she can quickly wrap someone around her finger. She's super cute. :) I actually think she behaves better for me than her parents sometimes. I hope it stays that way for a while. 
When we wait for the Kindergarten bus their favorite thing is to throw rocks together. It cracks me up. The top pic they were making rock snow angles. Yeah, I let them. They loved it. 
Ollie hero worships Afton. He's a good kid most days, so I'm okay with it. Poor Afton has a little shadow most of the day when he comes here from school. Some days he's fine and others it wears him out a little. Ollie's like that little brother that won't leave. :) Luckily they play super well together when they play boy games. The only thing I don't love is that Ollie copies everything. Including naughty things, and talking like Wodney Wat. (It's a book with a mouse who says his "R" sound like a "W" sound) Afton is Wodney. So Ollie is becoming Wodney. Not our favorite thing at all to try and fix. I hear from Ollie a lot, "But Afton does it."
Gabe and Afton are buddies. They get along pretty well. Gabe gets a long pretty well with most kids though, she's super social, but says no if she's not into something. She doesn't get stepped on by him, so that's good to see. 
Milo loves having more kids around most days. By the end of the day he becomes a Mama's boy and doesn't want me holding Callen. Most of the rest of the day he tries to help or play with him. Callen is getting into his mobile months here soon, so I kinda don't look forward to that at all. 
Gabe cut her hair. She knew we were getting hair cuts and she asked if she could cut hers short. Her idea, not ours. We were super surprised. She loved her long hair. I don't know if she saw it at school or what. All her friends have long hair. Either way, we think it's super cute on her. She loves the attention it gets. :) She also loved that people did double takes to recognize her. 
 We have decided to use the kicks we earn (from the shopkick app) to get Lowe's gift cards. For Adam's birthday last year and Christmas he got tools and stuff. He wants to try out some projects. I'm all sorts of excited and ok with this new hobby. So much I now have a project list for him. If we had money he'd get more tools, and do it more often. So we are slowly getting there. This is one of them. This is phase one. It'll be for the boy's room they'll share eventually. So I think I'll paint it a color. Not sure what though. But he's had fun playing and I've had fun decorating with some new stuff. Now we just gotta get more kicks, or more money one of the two. ;)
Adam has started to get back into Mountain Biking more often. It's nice cause he has people to go with. These guys get together and go early in the mornings during the week. They are all from his Rotary group. 


Ollie loves to walk Gabe to the bus. He usually escorts her holding her hand. What a cute brother. I love it. 

1 comment:

Judy said...

I love that Adam has hobbies. I wish Michael did, too.