Monday, October 28, 2013

13 Days of Halloween - Day 9 - Bat Day

 Bat day started out how it looked, with a bunch of sick kids in pajamas most of the day. Gabe stayed home from school. That's the one of the bad things about watching someone else's kids, no way to avoid their sickness. 

 I never really have a ton to do on bat day, and my kids were a little bummed, but oh well. I got this book from the library that's in all the book orders about bats. I was hoping it'd teach the kids a little about bats, but I don't think they got much out of it. Oh well. They were looking for more of a Halloween theme when reading it. They just made me read our book about the lady swallowing the bat like 3 times. 
Coloring pages come out on days I don't have much for. It's a good thing my kids LOVE to color. 
I did have these planned to do with black paper, but I used it all on ghost day so I was going to use this black striped paper I had, until Gabe saw the Halloween polka dots. So polka dot bats it was. 

1 comment:

Travis Laurel said...

We did bats with the girls too. Just like that. Only we didn't have black paper also. So I had the girls color theirs how ever they wanted. Which turned out perfect, took longer too. We all had fun flying our bats around. Emilee even made one for Levi. Such a cutie! Jodi loves that I do this fun craft stuff for them, cause she is not into that at all. The girls loved it! Especially with the Halloween stickers I got. such cheap entertainment.