Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Serving in the Young Womens

I do so love being with the young women, even though I feel like I really have no idea what I'm supposed to do EVER. Ha! Mia Maids are tricky to bond with sometimes. They love me or hate me. I always wonder if I'd do better in a different group, but I figure I'm here cause I have the most to learn from these girls. I am constantly asking myself if I was/or acted that way when I was that age. I'm sure at some point I did. 

My partner who is the counselor never comes to anything cause her daughter is a senior and way into sports. She also coaches high school cheer so she's gone A LOT. This was hard cause I have like 14 girls. So they moved one of the Beehive advisors up. She is tricky to understand/get. Her daughter just got moved to Mia Maids and she asked to be moved up with her. This lady kinda dismisses me a lot, so it's been hard to try and juggle it all. In her defense though, I don't bond well with women so it's probably a lot of my fault. So I have been making a special effort to befriend this leader. Wish me luck. :) It's like I have to prove I'm useful. :/ I probably sounds like a huge brat, but it feels nice to vent. 

We went shooting. I did well you can see. :) I'm not a fan of shooting AT ALL, even though I did it plenty growing up in my family. BUT I'm all about being a good sport in front of my girls, so there ya go. 
We went to the temple Visitor's Center the other night. It was so nice. There were some protesters with signs though, and it was a rude awakening to the youth. They didn't understand why people would bash their church and got super defensive. So that wasn't fun. I do think it's good for them to understand that outside of Utah, and in Utah obviously, there will be people that will disagree with their beliefs and they will get in discussions about it. It was nice to show them the comparison from them to being inside feeling the spirit. 
Once inside the sister missionaries took us on a tour and let us watch Johny Lingo. It was funny most of the youth hadn't seen or heard of it. They learned some pretty good lessons from it. Ha! Who knew? It was nice to see the temple at night. Living in Hurricane I don't get to see that like I did when we lived in St George. 


2 comments:

Katrina said...

Good luck with the YW. I think you're probably doing great and need to give yourself more credit. :)

Judy said...

All kids 14-15 are tricky. I am sure you will do well as long as you show them genuine love.