Tuesday, October 22, 2013

13 Days of Halloween - Day 6 - Candy Corn Day

So this day was kinda a let down in a way for the kids. Ha! When they turned over our pumpkin on the fridge to reveal what day it was, they all saw candy corn and assumed I'd let them eat candy all day. :) I'm a big meanie, that didn't happen. We did play a candy corn game, where you pretty much just roll dice and eat candy corn. There's a little more to it than that, but yeah. So they did get some candy. PLUS I let them help me make these sugar cookies that were supposed to resemble candy corn. That didn't work, so I just made them into circle cookies and called it good. EXCEPT only Ollie thought they were good. Imagine that right? Ollie liked them, what are the odds he's the one that did? Wait that's not totally right, Addie thought they were good too. Then I had nail polish for the girls to make their nails into candy corn colors, and Addie had done it, Embrie didn't want her pink off (She's OBSESSED with the color pink), and Gabe and I just painted ours black with spooky eyes, so that was a flop as well. All in all it was kinda a random day. 
These were a fun thing they did enjoy, thank goodness. Well Afton wasn't the biggest fan, he'd rather play a game or watch a show. Where Gabe wants to make a craft or read a book. So funny to see the differences in personalities. They did all end up making them and enjoyed them though. 
I did whip out my game later. I got a cheap game from oriental trading that's candy corn bowling. They very much loved this, so it was a good ending to a random day. Gabe didn't get to do it very long, cause she left to Ballet, but she got a few tries. 

No comments: