Monday, October 21, 2013

Around the House

Adam and I had a date day. Well I wanted to go mountain biking, so we got a babysitter and we went. I asked one of my Young Women. I'd like to make her our go to babysitter if she enjoys it enough. We'll see. Anyway, we rode the Jem trail. We rode for 8 miles. Yeah I was beat. He is super conditioned for it, and I am not even close. On the way back I was dying. Ha! I love my patient husband who just goes with the flow. He had fun teaching me some stuff about it, which was super helpful. I get the appeal, it's super fun. I'd like to go a bunch more with him, but with us having to pay someone we'll wait until we have more money to play like that. Plus I like rotating other stuff in too like movies and dinner. Although next time I'm gonna make him take me to a driving range to hit golf balls. 

Anyway in like two weeks Adam is doing this 25 hour race on part of the course we went biking on. He is on a team of six, who are the guys who bikes with Tuesday mornings. They see how many laps they can do in the 25 hours. So some of it he'll have to ride at night. They expect Adam and this other guy will do most of the laps. The other guy is one of the principles who rode cross country. Adam is the next strongest rider. He really is super good. I was impressed by what he could do and ride up/on. The other guys go occasionally. Adam is a little worried all of them and himself might struggle, but he's excited. I think it'll be super fun and we plan to go out and hang with him a bit at the base camp when he isn't riding. Stay tuned for more info on that. :0)
My shelf is getting ready to paint. Adam worked on it after our ride. I was so tired I didn't want to move, but he was all about doing stuff around the house. The boys played cars on boxes for a while in the garage after. It was cute. I love when they play nice together. 

No comments: