Tuesday, October 29, 2013

13 Days of Halloween - Day 11- Pumpkin Day

Pumpkin day is easy too. My kids love it cause they remember we carve pumpkins on this day. We usually do it for a FHE activity. The Wadsworth kids were a little bummed I didn't have carving pumpkins on the list for them. Ah well. I did some stuff they thought was fun so that works. 
 
I did let them decorate pumpkins with a sticker page. The little ones were fans of this, cause of the stickers. 
Cheese pumpkin quesidillas, with guacamole stems for lunch. Afton wasn't sure about the guac, but tried it and liked it. We had some "pumpkin" soda to go with it. 
We played this roll a pumpkin game that had some cute twists, they liked it. 
We also played "Don't eat Jack" like the game "Don't Eat Pete." Gabe kept accidentally saying Pete instead of Jack. You can tell we play that game at our house enough. 

I was gonna do a painting craft but I was out of paper plates, so I didn't bother. Instead Ollie helped me make pumpkin cookies for everyone to eat. I needed some for a Halloween party tonight with the Young Women, so it was nice it went along with my theme for the day so I could feed some to the kids too. 

2 comments:

Travis Laurel said...

love the don't eat jack! way cute. the girls I watch love don't eat pete so I found a monster one don't eat frank. It was a hit. you're so festive!

Grandma Krissy said...

Hey I love that pumpkin soda!