So I don't know how but I erased this original post and a few other drafts that were ready to post. SO ANNOYING! So I'm not sure what I wrote the first time around, but here it goes again.
Gabe had her dance recital last weekend. We have her at this newer place in town called Adagio. Anything in town is hard, cause nobody stays long term, so everyone just moves their kids around to the next place that's open. So I feel like they are good but still working out some kinks. Luckily Gabe just loves to dance. I had tried out their ballet class and it was just hectic. Too many girls for just one teacher. So long story short she ended up in this ballet/tap combo class where she does tap for half hour and ballet for the other half. She loves it. I wasn't sold on tap at all, mainly cause it seems super old fashioned to me. Yep I said it. BUT it is teaching her timing with the music better so there's a nice plus to it. She loves it too.
So for the recital She had two performances. Her ballet one in the Coppelia production the studio put on where she played a little doll. And then a tap dance later for another show. She rocked them. Gabe takes her dance seriously. She gets annoyed when other kids goof off cause then she can't dance like she wants. Her words, not mine. Soccer she's more than willing to goof off, dance not so much. She just likes to dance. So there are a few younger kids in her class that I feel like should be in a younger class, but the place is new and not that organized and mix them all together. Since Gabe is older and honestly better, she gets put by the younger ones to "help" them know where to go. This is nice cause Gabe is sweet and will, but annoying cause then she's herding and bossing kids instead of dancing. I was a tad annoyed. Oh well. Adam was annoyed her ballet dance lasted all of twenty seconds and then they were off the stage. Good thing she had tap.
Getting wound up like a doll, she loved that part.
Notice the poor young girl next to her was a step behind. For little kids that's fine and cute, but not when my kid is more concentrated trying to tell her what to do. Ok I'll stop now.
I paid for better pics but haven't gotten them yet, these are random ones I snapped. Having to rush to get her ready in another costume was nuts. And at one point I got chewed out by this rude random old woman who was helping them backstage. She tried ripping Gabe's outfit out of my hands. It was a little crazy. Oh well I told her to calm herself and walked away. :/
The boys got her flowers which she loved and felt so good about. Other girls get them, so she was glad she did too.
We love watching her dance, and hope she always loves doing it so we can't keep watching her.













No comments:
Post a Comment