Sunday, May 10, 2015

Around the House

Milo loves playing with his food to my dismay. I try to get him to to and I turn around and he's built something from it. Turkey. 
Daddy gone on a scout camp out, so we play. 
Gabe playing goalie at soccer.
We got our garden boxes up and going. Daddy did an amazing job getting these built and ready for use. We really don't know what we are doing so it's really trial and error, but we're up for the challenge. The kids loved helping get it all ready.
Planting the seeds was their favorite part. 
The young men and women had this amazing combined activity. None of the youth knew what was going to happen, one of the leaders secretly arranged it all. The youth thought they were coming for a luau party. They came and went through security, and boarded a pretend airplane on a trip to Hawaii. Adam was asked to be the captain and had a script to read. He then crashed the plane and they all died and traveled through all of the kingdoms. In the end they ended in the chapel in the celestial kingdom where their families were all secretly waiting for them. Adam said it was amazing. I would have loved to just watch it all happen.
Lego house fun. 
Playing in the water with the Wads
Some of our good friends from Reno were passing through our area and stopped by for an evening on their way up to a baby shower. We wish they could have stayed longer with us. It was like nothing had changed and we were just hanging out again.
Helping Daddy with an oil change
More Wads fun. This is the last year I'm watching them and I am counting down the days. She is pregnant and having another, and that's not gonna work out. Plus, when my kids are dreading having them come over, it's time to be done. It's amazing too how the busier our family gets, the more watching them conflicts with things that fall on those days. Doctor apps, SEP appt with teachers, visiting teaching, plays at school, soccer practices, dance classes we couldn't take. It seemed like everything kept conflicting so I told her with Ollie going to start doing things as well, that it just would be too busy for us. So here's to just a few more days left!
One of our neighbors put on a street Easter egg hunt for all the kids. It was super nice of them and super cute. We have some good neighbors. 
 

 We painted! I wish I had taken more pictures of the process. We are really new to the whole painting scene so it was an adventure. If I had my way, my whole house would be painted I think. I love it. Adam is way more hesitant to do anything. I convinced him to let me start with the kid rooms. Gabe's is just a grey with some paint crystals in it. So it has a subtle shimmer to it. She wishes it was more sparkly. The first grey we picked had way too much blue in it. So it didn't turn out so well. We had to repaint it with purple/brown tones in it. It turned out much cuter. The She also has a purple chalk board wall behind her door. We also got her a new furniture set with a full bed, cause we tend to have people stay in her room a lot. Her old bed went to Milo and he has a big boy bed now. The boys room is stripped and has a blue chalkboard wall. It has red furniture in it and will have some red, multi colored bedspreads eventually. We love how they both turned out. 
Gabe lost more teeth. She's a toothless wonder right now. 
movie night when Daddy was gone on his camp out
Our cousins came down for their spring break. Its different than ours, so we had work and school. They did their own thing most of the time in Zions then hung out with us in the evenings. Nice to be able to see them and have some fun. We took them to Fryz, a new place here in town. 


No comments: