Gabe's last game was at the beginning of this month. She did so great this season. It was so fun to watch her do something that she loves. I never thought she would love soccer, but she does. Even though she's still one of the smallest, and stuck with second graders, she just LOVES it. She was so much more aggressive with it this year. Her first game she was at, Adam couldn't make it and she was so timid about it all. So I finally told her I'd give her a penny every time she kicked the ball. She told me that wasn't very much. I told her then she better kick it lots. There was one game she kicked it like 32 times or so. That was her best. She averaged kicking it around 20-15. It all depending on the positions she got put. There are four quarters, and she always played goalie once. She loves goalie, which it funny to us cause she hates balls flying at her. She told me she likes it cause she gets to rest, and pounce on the ball. Except this awesome coach this year didn't let them rest, he made sure she was moving and watching. He was so good for her. Her main penny scoring was when she was forward and moved around the field a lot. Then defending always varied. And there is always one quarter she sits out. The game she got so much she never sat out and played forward twice. She rocked that game.
She rocked every game. We were always so proud of her. She wants to keep playing it, and at times told me she likes it better than dance. So I guess we'll see how that plays out. Cause then she goes to dance and still says she likes it best. Who knows where this girl of ours will go, but she's going places that's for sure. Here are some pics from her game.
checking shin guards and cleats before the games. Not sure why the ref does this, but they do. Maybe just to make sure everyone has safe equipment on.
Waiting for it to start
We had the half time fruit assignment and the end of the game treat assignment for the last game. So I took a pic with her team when they are silly eating fruit. They do this every game.
Throwing the ball in while playing goalie.
One mom started this the first game, and we are so glad she did. The girls loved running through the parent tunnel.

Team Pics
Last one with her coach. I wish she could have him every year. I thought her last one was good, but this one was great. A Upon seeing some of the other yelling coaches, I was so glad she was on the team she was.











No comments:
Post a Comment