My attempt to get a picture of her first plane ride
We are home safe and sound. It was a whirlwind trip, as always, but we had a blast. WE SURVIVED THE PLANE RIDES. Phew. The way there I worked my butt off to keep her entertained, cause she was so very tired. I was annoyed at how non helpful and rude people can be, but oh well. My flight was empty and I had a row to myself. I discovered my daughter loves apple juice, and it saved me. She fell asleep as we were landing of course.
We began by visiting the Flukes, and we shopped, played, and went out to eat. My favorite was just sitting around visiting. Gabe loved playing with her Aunts and cuddling Nana and Poppa. We loved being able to go to the ward party to hear Laurel and Dad sing. They both have the most beautiful voices, and I love to hear them sing together.
Gabe watching the snow falling with Poppa
Then we were off to my side where we had tons of fun with all the cousins. Gabe was so entertained by all the kids running around. The kids were so helpful keeping her entertained so I could get stuff done. We loved seeing everyone at the Christmas party and were so glad we could be there to be a part of it. The last day there Gabe began this new squawk trying to talk to the cousins. She has continued it since and onto the plane where other people didn't find it as cute I'm sure. This time she fell asleep at take off. I got way lucky. I did have to wait longer in the airport cause my plane was delayed due to the weather. Did I mention I hate snow. Gabe was tricky, but I guess it turned out okay cause she slept the whole flight. We both were so excited to see Adam waiting for us when we arrived. We missed him and wish he could have come with. I loved the trip, although next time I'll bring Adam. It was nice seeing family around the holidays.
Grandpa gave Gabe her first snow ball to see what she would do. She liked it so much, she wouldn't put it down.


Here's a picture of what Adam did at home without us. He got to cuddle Greta by the warm fire. So we are jealous we missed it, but I'm sure plenty more are to come.

8 comments:
I loved having you here. Visiting is always the best part. Thanks for sharing Gabrielle with us too. Being a long-distance Nana is so hard. And your visit got Katrina home for the first time in months too. Added bonus!
It was so good to see you. Although it wasnt long enough and in that crazy full house it was hard to chit chat. I hope you had a great time here and thats good the trip was good for Gabe! Im sure Adam missed you guys tons.. Hope you have a great Christmas! Love you
I'm sorry I missed all the fun while you were here in Utah. I'm determined to use that Southwest credit to visit you guys before things get totally crazy in the Spring. We'll talk!! Love you guys tons!!
We loved having you visit. I know you have a crazy time trying to visit w/everyone. We sure missed Adam also. Gabe is such a cutie and it is fun to see her grow up and try new things. Thanks for being so awesome.
Sounds like you had a blast!! I am glad Gabe was so good on the airplane for ya! That can be so stressful! Wanna come over for a turkey dinner on Monday for FHE?
I'm so glad you guys came to visit. It was wonderful for me I know. She's such a cutie. I wish we could see you guys again soon. I'm glad she slept on the plane home. Love you guys!
You didn't call me! Man, another chance missed. I was so caught up in finals I didn't realize this was when you were coming! DANG IT! Well, it sounds like you had a good time, I'm glad. And yes, I hate the snow too! Well, I'll keep saving my nickels and dimes and maybe I can afford a flight out there soon :( Merry Christmas friend!
That's a way cute pic in the Airplane. Really, she looks like a natural!
What's up with Gabe being the only Grandkid asleep in the pic!!
Post a Comment