Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The New Year



New years isn't really my favorite holiday. I think because I hate crowds and everywhere you go on this holiday has them. Honestly I doubt Adam and I will stay up at all, Adam still has to get up early. We're lame I know. I still find New Years inspiring though. There is something about feeling like you can start new and fresh on things that you would like to accomplish. Sometimes I am awesome at keeping goals, and sometimes I'm not. I guess I'm human huh? So this year I am trying to be practical I guess. I don't want to overwhelm myself with a million goals, or the same old ones that I try every year. I figured I would try some different things. So I figured I'd write them out and maybe you guys can call me out on them if they aren't followed. Or give me suggestions throughout the year.

1- So I've become a little obsessive with getting my food storage under way. That is my main focus this year. I decided I needed help getting it organized and some good info on it. So on the right hand side of my blog under "sites/blogs I enjoy" I put some sites/blogs that I found helpful if any of you care to take a peek. The church has a really nice site dedicated to it as well. I found some that teach you how to rotate, some that give you new items each week/month, and some that teach you how to store. I'm stoked!

2- So being a stay at home mom has got me all motivated to make my home a better place.

A) Adam and I have always sucked at FHE, so I have a huge folder ready for ideas for certain topics for activities for kids. I want my kids to really enjoy learning about the gospel. So I'm finding ways to make it kid oriented. I'm up for suggestions on this on ideas anyone else might have. 
B) I'm loving being a mom, and always trying to better myself. From everything from teaching gabe developmental stuff, trying new recipes for my family, and just finding new activities and ways to spend my time with my child. So bettering myself as a mom is important to me this year as well. 
C) Working on being a positive person, so my home will be too. I kinda tend to be negative. :) Not my favorite trait about myself, but one I can change if I work on it. 

3- Taking advantage of my local library. Really random I know. I love to read, and don't have the money to buy new books like I used to. SO, even though my library isn't as stocked as I'd like. I a going to take advantage of what they have. I think when Gabe is older she'll think it's fun to go pick out a new book. 

So there you have it folks. As much as I'd like to lose weight, eat healthy, and get out of debt like I devote myself to every year, this year is different. I want change for my family, not so much myself. I'm excited for a new year of accomplishments. Good luck with deciding on your New Years resolutions and...
HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM US!!!

5 comments:

Danni said...

Such wonderful goals! Sarah Grace & I go to our local library pretty often, I love to pick up books and dvd's, just be careful though, haha, they get you on the late fees!

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

Thats great Mandy!! I hope you are able to accomplish your goals. Hope you guys have a great New Years. Even if you are calling it an early night. Love ya

TheHellyars said...

That's awesome! I am so bad at making goals. I think I just don't like to take the time write them down. :P Hope you guys have a great New Year!

Katrina said...

you're goals are lots better than mine. i just have one. lose weight. my theory is, one goal is better than none, or a billion, and its not teh goal i have every year. plus i have so many great pairs of pants i cant wear right now. gotta get back on that.

The Letterman's said...

I'm obsessed with food storage too! I was gonna give you some ideas on awesome food storage blogs but you already have alot of my favorites! Check out this one though I think they are located in NV.
selfreliantsisters.blogspot.com

these are awesome for food deals, some might work for your area but I'll bet there's other food sites in your area too!
savvyshopperdeals.com
grocerysmarts.com

It's amazing how much good info is out there!