New Years Eve I woke up with a pounding headache. Throughout the day is continued to get worse, and I ended up with body aches and a slight fever. As you can imagine our night wasn't very eventful. I thought for sure it was a killer head cold, and I'd end up sick the next day. The next day I had a slight headache, then I was fine. Really weird. So our new years we went to bed early and called it good. Oh well.
Thursday night Gabe was really whining, her second tooth was breaking through, and she was a little cranky. Her bottom teeth are in, and one of the top already feels ready. Talk about super fast. So friday morning and throughout the day she continued to be cranky, and never smiled. (among a few other things) Not like Gabe at all, despite teething too. So we took her temp and it was way high, we got a doctor's appointment and found out she has an ear infection. AHH! Poor bug, she was so miserable. Teething and an ear infection. I pulled an all nighter last night, cause she didn't want me put her down. I happily obliged, she was not feeling good at all. :( It made me so sad. Today she is doing loads better. Thank goodness. Hopefully it will pass for her quickly. She does like her grape flavored tylenol. HA. She gets mad when I am done giving her the dosage, cause she wants more. My child is secretly an addict.
So even though the last couple of days have been crazy, having Adam at home this week has been great. We have managed some fun in all of it. We recently purchased a baby bike carrier. (Adam calls it our baby trailer) We got an amazing deal on it and we're stoked. Thanks Brad! Adam took Gabe around in it to see how she felt about it. She loved it. Now we really want it warmer so we can go on bike rides as a family again. The seat holds two kids, so Gabe took her Elmo with her. Adam went around the block and said when he looked back at her she was grinning and looking at everything. The other two pics are just Gabe in her crazy poses. She is always twisting or moving herself in some funny way then checkin to make sure you saw what she accomplished.
9 comments:
love the bike trailer! She looks so cute in there, guess ya better get busy with someone to fill that other seat besides Elmo, ;)
that sucks about the cold! at least yours passed pretty quick. it could've been worse. gabe looks adorable. though, tell adam not to take that little trailer mountain biking, not sure thats so safe.
I always used to think that I wished I were sick instead of them. However, if I were always the one sick, who would have taken care of them? But, it would be easier to be sick than to see your little ones sick.
Migraines can easily make you feel sick all over. I'm glad it passed so quickly. Biking - What a fun family activity. that ought to keep you healthier. Sorry to hear Gabe was sick, I think all my children got earaches when they were teething! Did you get any medicine or did they just have her tough it out?
They put her on antibiotics, it's been getting better since. I have to take her back in ten days to make sure there is no more fluid, so it won't come back.
Ya sounds like your new years was just as much fun as ours!! ha ha thats ok i don't really care for it, well that sucks that gabe has an earache, line used to get them all the time when she was little. The bike trailer is awesome!! that is going to be so much fun for all of you! well i'm glad your feeling better.
I'm sorry you weren't feeling well! I hope Gabe is feeling better too, I can only imagine how stinky it is having a child with an ear infection! But just think, she will have a beautiful teethy grin and that makes it all worth it! She seems to really enjoy her new "ride"! Miss yall!
TUBES!! I swear by them! haha
ANd whats up with the ELMO??? Sounds like she needs a little bro if you ask me?!!:)
I still reserve the right to borrow the baby trailer!! HAHA I realized after my wife told me that we had the money to buy the other one they had! Too late now!!
Post a Comment