Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Already 8 months


This month has been a real change around our place. I know that each month has significant milestones, but this month things have turned around. Gabrielle has definitely been keeping us on our toes with all of the new changes happening to her. Here is our new hefty list:

There are a lot of pics. A lot of them she is dressed the same too, just noticing. Oh well, I guess we got our money's worth out of her winter clothes.  

-She now loves to give hugs or cuddles (as we call them) and kisses. WE LOVE IT! She gives you these open mouth kisses trying so hard to show you affection. She loves to scoot close to you and lay her head on your chest. It makes us melt every time she does it. 
-She has been teething like crazy. She has her two bottom and top teeth. She received those within a week and a half of each other. It was a lot of fun. ;) A bunch of her other top ones are breaking through. I don't venture in her mouth with my finger as much as I used to, cause she loves to bite anything put in there. 
(These pics are some of my attempts to get pictures of her bottom teeth. The top are impossible to get for now, but you can see her bottom in some of these)
-Since she has teeth we have been feeding her some crackers, puffs, and other soft stuff. She has already caught onto chewing with her teeth and does pretty well. Every once in a while she'll break off a big piece and she gets this panicked look on her face, cause she's not sure how to chew it. She's funny to watch. A lot of the time she is more concerned about the crumbs on her tray than what is in her hand. She tries to pick them all up one by one. It could entertain her for hours.
- She is getting so independent. She wants to do everything herself already. She wants to hold her own food, and play with her toys how she wants to. She has learned how to throw major dramatic fits. HA. Our peaceful girl that is so much like her dad is starting to show signs of her impatient mom. yikes! She doesn't like stuff taken away from her and does this major high pitch scream if she doesn't get what she wants. She is such a dramatic girl somedays. We're trying to teach her the scream won't get her what she wants, she has to calm down first, which she actually seems to catch onto lately. 
-
(this is her mad at me for taking something away)
-She talks like crazy. She has learned to say Dada, Hi, and Yeah. Don't ask me where Mama is, we've been trying. She hasn't associated them with what they mean, but it's so cute to hear her rambling on. The only word she seems to associate with what it really is, is Greta. I swear she knows who that is, and looks for her when we say her name. 
-She has this new curious face she does when she is trying to see something or hears something new. She makes this big "O" with her mouth until she figures out what it is, and then she grins like crazy.
(Her new favorite face)
-When she gets excited she bounces up and down and flaps her arms, it's really funny. 
-She is an army crawling fool. She gets to where she is going pretty fast, and is more willing to be on her stomach. She can go from sitting to her hands and knees pretty good, but when she tries crawling she scoots backwards. She has scooted under the bed a few times. So we aren't quite there yet, but she is catching on fast. She is starting to try and pull herself up on things too. 
(She scooted backwards under the bed)
-She is loving her baths, which is a new development for her. I think she loves her daddy time.
-She is constantly pulling off her socks. I really can't keep them on her. That's the first thing she does when I lay her down. During the day if she doesn't have a toy to play with, she pulls her socks off. Silly bug. 
-She now has enough hair to wake up with "bed-head". It makes us laugh when we go to get her in the morning.
(Helping Mommy blog)
(These pics are a few of the outings we've taken with her lately to some parks. The weather has been really nice here)
(She loved the holes in the bench. She talked to everyone who walked by. She was a hit)


(Her first skate boarding lesson with Daddy)


We love this girl. She is changing so fast. She makes us all so happy. Happy 8 months Gabe!

11 comments:

Judy said...

Thanks for letting me know about the post - it is delightful. You got such wonderful pictures! I wish you would send them to me through the computer. they are so much more clear than when I steal them off the blog! She is getting so grown-up with all her new skills. I sure love that little bug.

chris and janene said...

I love her face in the bath pic. She is so beautiful and shows so much personality. WE love the pics.

KBPatterson said...

Holy cutness! She just keeps getting cuter and cuter. She looks so adorable in her hat. Great pics! I can't wait to hear her talk. And I love that Adam is already all over teaching her to skate board. She's beautiful!

Lenard said...

OMG!! She is getting big! Talking and getting around, that's crazy. She looks way cute in all of the pics. I love her little hat and new faces! Happy Eight months my cutie niece!!

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

Cute cute pics of Gabe! She is showing so much personality. I love reading all of her milestones, its so fun to hear about all of it.

Katrina said...

Love that little stinker! Those pictures are great Mandy! I love the ones on the bench. She looks so grown up!

AmyJane said...

Oh, she looks so big suddenly! What a cute girl! I've decided recently that 8 months really is the month of "big" in baby terms. There are so many sudden changes that come about this age and you suddenly have a really grown up baby and can see toddlerhood on the horizon!

The Letterman's said...

cutie pa too tee!

Danni said...

I love my little niece! Such a doll face, she is entering into such a fun stage! I really like the pic of her and Adam, he really does adore that girl and you can totally see it in his face! Miss Yall!

Brittany Wagner said...

Gabe is soo cute! I love all of them!! I love the coloring of the first one!!

Emily Rasmussen said...

cuteness!!!