Sunday, April 19, 2009

Reno Aces

So we went to our first Reno Aces baseball game this weekend. The Aces are a Miner League team for the Arizona Diamondbacks. Adam tried so very hard to get tickets to the opening game, online and with two phones, but he couldn't get through. It sold out in 20 minutes. We did get tickets for the 2nd night, where our new Reno team played the Salt Lake Bees. Baseball is the only game I really enjoy watching, so I was excited to go. The new field is really nice, which it better be for $50 million dollars. It even has this huge play area with blow up toys for kids. (we didn't get a chance to play on them though-with a sold out crowd it was a little packed) Gabrielle did a good job during most of the game. Once the 7th inning hit, it was way past her bedtime and she was done. Her Daddy had a hard time leaving with the bases loaded and the clean up hitter at bat, he had to watch a little longer. It was a good thing he did to see the first Grand Slam. It was really exciting the crowd went crazy, Adam lost his voice screaming. He is definitely a big fan. Gabe loved dancing to the music and clapping with the crowd. She flirted with everyone in sight who would pay attention to her. The bad thing is when she sees other's food or drinks, she thinks she needs some, so that got tricky. Especially when people are drinking beer around you. AH! So she got a pretzel she held most of the game and shared some of her Daddy's lemonade. It was a fun night and we look forward to more games to come. We have tickets to the 4th of July where we can watch fireworks after. Here are some of the pics we got:
(that's Archie the mascot. Not sure what he is, but he has a tongue that shoots out.)



8 comments:

Danni said...

Yay! I'm so glad Gabe got to experience a baseball game! They are so fun & I think the music always helps to entertain the little ones...pretzels aren't half bad either. It looks like yall have found a new fun family activity for the summer!

Judy said...

So fun, so fun. I'm glad he didn't miss the grand slam- and Gabe must have loved the music and crowds. I hope you get to do it often.
Nice new look for the blog!

Weiss said...

Fun!!! Glad that you get to take Gabe to those sort of things!!

KBPatterson said...

Okay Archie is a little freaky looking! Yea, Fun memories! But you didn't say which team won. Not that Adam would want to admit it if the Bees won. I'm glad you got tickets for the 4th so you can watch fireworks. We do the same thing here for the 24th, the kids love it. We'll have to come back out and go to a game with you guys!

KBPatterson said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to say I like the new bog look. Very cute!

Lenard said...

Oh looks like you guys had a great game to watch. Those are the best games to go too when they are really exciting like that!! I love the new blog lots of color! I love it ha!

Lynn said...

I've been looking at all your pictures and LOVE them. She is sooooo sweet. I went back to your request for recipes. I don't know if you like soups (they are my favorite) but if you want I can give you some basic from which you can make a different soup anytime you want. Auntie Darcia

Katrina said...

fun!! i'm jealous. i want to go to a ball game. that looks like a nice field. baseball is a fun sport. hopefully gabe can hack it out for the games! Love you guys.