Saturday, October 24, 2009

CARVING PUMPKINS

This week we did some pumpkin carving. Blogger is wiggin out about loading my pictures, so they are in a random order. It's also late, cause Gabe is having a tricky night. So here I am-bloggin. It's okay though I've been meaning to post them. We carved with some friends one night, and finished our Elmo pumpkin later in the week. Gabe jumped right in to help clean out the pumpkins. She loved it. Slimey pumpkin goo and all. She even tried to help with the design and carving. That's our happy helper. It was adorable. She loved her Elmo pumpkin so much that she had to give it kisses and runs over pointing to it saying, "a-mo." I love the holidays with this girl, everything is much more fun. We're working on getting her to say Trick or Treat by halloween. She tries. Here are pictures of our pumpkin fun. (we did these blinking lights in out pumpkins this year, so it's hard to get a good pic of them lit up-they're kinda dark)









5 comments:

KBPatterson said...

Kids make everything funner! Her elmo pumpkin is so cute! The skull is pretty cool too! I don't blame Gabe for liking the goo. It does feel pretty cool!

Katrina said...

cute! i wonder if i would like halloween more with a kid. who knows. i would like to carve a pumpkin, but we dont have any friends up here to do it with. its not as fun doing it alone. i guess we'll see.

Danni said...

Super fun! I love pumpkin carving, well I love everything about Halloween! I like Adam's skull, Eric always does crazy stuff like that. I'm not very patient so I stick with the basics...haha! I love Gabe hugging her Elmo pumpkin! How adorable is she?!...oh and the cheeser faces...classic! I just want to squeeze her cheeks, in a nonpainful kinda way! haha

Trev & Celina said...

Love these pictures, the Elmo is super cute! Gabe is so cute. I love that she got in there and scooped out the pumpkins. I couldn't get my kids to even stick there hands in there. Hope you guys have a Happy Halloween!

Lenard said...

I love the pumpkins, nice job!! Elmo turned out really good. She looks like she had a blast playing in the goo from the pumpkins! I think that is why people have kids so we can have an excuse to do all the fun things kids get to do!