Tuesday, December 1, 2009

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND


I am glad to be getting these up. We had a awesome thanksgiving with Kami and her family. We're grateful they are willing to come out and spend holidays with us. Thanks guys! We had most of the food prepared before hand, so thanksgiving day was pretty easy going. It left us time to all play at the park and play some flag football before our grand meal. I'm pretty sure Adam and I lost. Those Pattersons put up a good fight. The dogs were even trying to pull one another's flags. Too Funny. Gabe enjoyed having help from Shantay playing on the slide.





Gabe wasn't quite getting the "tough guy" face down. She ran to cuddle Greta instead.

We put the guys to work in the kitchen this year. Thanks guys!

Eating pie was always a favorite



The dogs switched Daddys to cuddle with

Adam on the ferris wheel with the boys

Kam and I decided to brave some of the crowds this year to hit some black friday sales. Neither of us have ever done it before. It was kinda nuts, and we still think we are nuts for hanging out at Toys R us for their midnight sale with over a thousand people. I have to say there was something sweet about parents being willing to put up with it all for their kids. We froze our butts off and put up with some ignorant people, but we got our tickets for the toy item of the year that everyone and their dog wants. We actually talked a lot to the people all around us, and they started looking out for us making sure we got our tickets. So there is some positive in it. It gave Kam and I some time to bs, which we both enjoy. Thanks for the adventure Kam. I'd do it again for ya. :)


We took the kids to see a Christmas Carol. It was different than we all thought. Gabe was mad she couldn't run around. I think she made it through the previews and she was done. We even tried tempting her with all sorts of goodies, but she was done. So Adam and I rotated shifts with her. The other kids enjoyed it though, and it made it fun to hear their comments and see how they reacted to things in the movie.

These girls were done after our shopping trips. We had such a good time. Thanks for coming guys!

4 comments:

Danni said...

I think it's so nice that your sister brings her adorable family to your house every thanksgiving. I'm sure her little ones love spending time with yall and who doesn't want family around for the holidays?! I give credit to anyone who braved the black friday sales. Eric & I were up, but we were playing the farming game and I don't think any sale could tear us away from it! haha...One day I might try it though! The pictures are super cute and WOW! Two boxers in one house, yall are awesome. I love Gabe's jacket, it's perfect for her! Happy late Thanksgiving and I'm glad yall got some football playing in and I can't wait to see your Christmas pics! The preview to the side is so cute!

Judy said...

I think it is so fun when you are waiting in line for the crazy sales and you get to talking to your "neighbors". I have met some of the most delightful people as we commiserate with each other over the insanity of "fighting the crowds." It's like you can talk to complete strangers comfortably for just that brief time since you are both sharing this crazy time. Last year we had a pregnant lady in the group and everyone made sure she was well taken care of!

Lenard said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!! I love the pics, sounds like you guys had a great thanksgiving!

KBPatterson said...

Thanks again guys for everything! We all had a blast! FYI my blog is kind of a copy cat...sorry. You are just too good at getting it up quick!