Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Busy Few Weeks

I've been blog slackin a bit. It's kinda been a nice busy few weeks. It's hard to find the time to do it. So catch up it is. Especially since I am gonna want to Christmas blog, so gotta get it up to date.
Gabe is still making sure that whatever extra time Daddy has is filled with park trips and bike rides.
Adam received a b-day gift card to cracker barrel. He let me know that their breakfast is the best, and so last Saturday we took advantage of it. Way yummy, I love eating out for breakfast. Ollie loved eating everything in site.
The kids new favorite form of entertainment




Besides vet trips, we had Ollie's 15 month check up this week as well. He struggled a little with the immunizations this time, but we're on the upswing. We have this new female pediatrician that I really like. Adam came and met her, and thought she was a little chatty, but good. :) Ollie weighs 25 pounds and was in the 59 percentile for weight. He was 31 inches long, and in the 75 percentile. He's always been around there for his height. His head is still bigger in the 98 percentile, which is nothing new either. He's just keeping at his growing really well.

I finally feel ready for Christmas. We weren't excited to wrap stuff and kept putting it off, but finally got it done. Phew. Our kids are excited and it'll be fun to see them come Christmas morning. We've been trying to help Gabe understand Christmas isn't just about Santa, which she remembers, but she's just too excited for Christmas. She's also so excited to be a sunbeam, which we've also been trying to get her ready for. The primary presidency told us they try to teach them a little about it, but they never did. I was kinda sad. Even though I do think it's the parents responsibility to prepare them, it helps with teachers and leaders do as well. They never did, oh well. So we have been really trying to talk to her about it. She's ready it'll be fun. I hope. I'm also waiting around for my next year's primary assignment. I'm hoping the don't keep me by myself with the 14 kid class I have juggling Ollie. It's really hard without Adam there anymore. They are supposed to let me know by the next Sunday, so I'm kinda crossing my fingers for a little smaller of a class. Anyway I think that's about it.

3 comments:

Grandma Krissy said...

Christmas is all about the kids.....I do miss that....and of course the birth of Christ.

Judy said...

I loved Christmas when the littles were all excited for Santa. I wish we had a few to share ours with these days.

Travis Laurel said...

Yummy! Never had their breakfast but their Mac n cheese is yum n their hush puppies yum!