This was the first year that Adam had the day after Christmas off. SOOOOO NICE! After too many years of working Holidays, and doing a 3am paper route, it was well deserved. We decided to spend the day hiking. It was a lot of fun and we found some geocaches while out and about. We then had lunch with kids, played with toys some more, and just enjoyed our time. We felt bad, cause we let Greta come and do her thing on our hike, and it made her nose start bleeding again. *sigh* I wish I could explain how gross, and hard, and sad it is when it's bleeding. We felt really bad letting her run so much. Usually outings do her good, but I guess we know her limits now. We have instructions from the vet to make her relax. Hard for her, but we do it. We found out she could be on meds for months, and as long as she is improving and not getting worse, we will keep doing it. If the infection spreads or she doesn't improve, then we have to talk other options. So we get a sick medicated dog for a while, to fight this thing. It could go months. Hard when taking her full med dose makes her sick. The vet said she needs to take her full dose again though. So we are back peddling a little, but the vet was happy she was improving so well until the hike. Whoops. Anyway here are some pics from the day.





4 comments:
Wow.....look at the sweater weather!!! Your kids are so stinkin cute...I sure miss all of you but glad you got a day together. and.....ahhhh..about Greta! I can relate fully!
Hope Greta starts getting better quick! Its so nice having such nice weather to be able to go out like that. Glad you had a nice family outing.
Poor baby - I hope now that she's eating the meds won't mess her up quite as badly. Glad she got to have some fun though.
Poor doggie. Sounds like such a fun day tho.
Post a Comment